Chocolate is not cheating! After a salty meal, you need a little bit of sweet. This is living, not cheating.
I am totally in acceptance with the saying. After a nice hearty meal instead of feeling full, I crave something extra. It’s not veggies or meat I crave for, it’s something SWEET. Yes I just need something sweet after my meal. Be it some kind of chutney or cakes, puddings or few pieces of a chocolate.. I just need it!
And I know majority of you will agree with me on this… 🙂
So, what’s is the connection with this cake bar and Cadbury Fruit & Nut?
Well few days back, right after the lunch hubby and I as usual needed something sweet. I usually make chutney or some kinda dessert to satiate our after meal cravings. But that day I was outta everything except for a bar of Cadbury Fruit and Nut chocolate.
My hubby always sees to it that we never run out of fruit and nut chocolate at home. He always remembers to pick up a huge bar of this chocolate whenever we are out shopping. Well you know its his favourite. My big baby(hubby) is a Fruit and Nut Fanatic.. 😉
Lets continue.. Where was I?? Yes! so while enjoying this delicious bars, hubbs out of the blue asked me whether I can make any kinda dessert out of this fruit and nut bars. And this started the wheels in my brains started turning and churning in inspiration of some ideas. And I got the idea to use it in cookies and as a topping on Coffee Cake bars.
And that is how this Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Chocolate Chunk Cake Bars is born. I made a coffee cake batter and topped the batter with Cadbury fruit and nut chocolate chunks, flaked almonds and extra raisins. This cake bars are perfectly moist and delicious and can be eaten as a coffee cake or as a dessert. My big baby loved it to bits and so did my friends.. This cake bars didn’t last me a day.. And I have already been requested to make it once again. So you can understand the deliciousness of this bars.. 🙂
So friends, just rush to the kitchen and whip up this Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Chocolate Chunk Cake Bars. Perfect dessert for kids as well as adults.. 🙂
- 170 gms Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Egg, large
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 gms Cadburys Fruit and Nut, chunks
- 4 -5 tbsp flaked Almonds
- 4-5 tbsp of Raisins
- 1/4 cups granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- Place butter and sugar and beat until smooth and light and fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla and beat it until incorporated
- Now add the sour cream and mix it until its smooth and well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add this flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold in just until mixed to form a thick batter. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and lined 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place the topping ingredients in medium bowl and mix until the chocolate, flaked almonds and raisins are coated with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.
Bon Appetite! 🙂