Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake sprinkled with Fleur de Sel
Today’s recipe is Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake sprinkled with Fleur de Sel. OK, I have no excuses for this one. It’s evil-and oh-so-delicious. A decadent chocolate cake filled with ooey gooey luscious peanut butter and chocolate centre. what more can I say.. 😀
Attention all chocolate and peanut butter lovers. This one is for you! The ooey gooey goodness of both the worlds! Lately I am on a chocolate and peanut butter spree.
I totally agree, and this isn’t the first time I’ve paired those ingredients – for instance, check out my Creamy Peanut Butter and Nutella Melting Moments.
I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend.. I had a great one too.. So this weekend I made chocolate lava cake twice; once for my guest and the second time for me only.. You wont believe I spent my Saturday watching movies and just gorging on this lusciously gorgeous chocolatey-peanut buttery cake with vanilla ice cream. Ahhh! Bliss…. 🙂
I had three of these chocolatey babies (I know, I know.. not healthy at all, but I really couldn’t stop at one :p ) and poor hubby could just manage to get one. :p
Molten lava cake is one of my ultimate comfort dessert. The best part is it is not time consuming at all and can be whipped up within half an hour. 🙂
I stuffed the cake with crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter to add a bit of crunchy texture and then sprinkled Fleur de Sel salt to contrast with the sweetness of the chocolate. Yum Yum Yummmm!!
But if you are more of a purist, you can replace the peanut butter with a large block of chocolate.
- 160 grams Dark chocolate
- 100 grams + 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter + extra for coating the mould, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Coffee powder
- 100 grams Granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup All purpose Flour
- 3-4 tablespoon Crunchy Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- pinch of Fleur De Sel salt plus extra for sprinkling
- cocoa powder for coating the moulds + extra for dusting on the cake
- Preheat the oven to 200˚ C/ 180˚ C fan oven.
- Generously butter 4 pudding moulds and coat the inside with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate and butter over low heat stirring constantly to avoid burning. Add in the coffee powder and give it a mix. Once its melted take off the heat and add the coffee powder and mix and let it cool.
- Mix peanut butter with unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon of icing sugar and keep aside.
- Now in a large bowl place the eggs, yolks and sugar and a pinch of salt and whisk until the mixture is pale and thick around 2-3 minutes.
- With a spatula fold in the chocolate mixture and the vanilla and mix until no streaks remain.
- Fold in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared mould. Then spoon a large dollops of peanut butter mixture into each cup then pour the remaining chocolate batter evenly into each cup.
- Place the cups on a tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until tops appear dry but the centres are still slightly jiggly. Transfer the moulds to a rack and let cool for 3-5 minutes or until warm enough to handle and turn out onto a plate for serving and dust generously with cocoa powder and fleur de sel.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and indulgent Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake. 🙂
Love chocolate and peanut butter? Why don’t you checkout my Creamy Peanut Butter and Nutella Melting Moments.