Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Walnuts and Candied Orange Peel
Beware Chocolate lovers! Today’s recipe is Thick and Chewy Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Walnuts and Candied Orange Peel. These are deliciously rich and dense brownie textured chocolate cookies. Firm on the edges but soft and chewy on the inside. Yumm!!
Oh my! its been more than a week now.. How much I missed blogging and my beautiful blogger friends and not to forget cooking too.. Last week my health had taken a toll on me. I was completely sidelined by an awful cold and flu (way too much ice cream I guess 😉 ). All I was craving for during this time was some nice and warm thick and chewy cookies. Oh! Chocolate cookies. I was so sick of not being able to go to the kitchen and cook or bake. Well I tried convincing my better-half most of the week to bake me some cookies, but obviously I failed terribly. haha!
Finally I was feeling better yesterday & I took the first opportunity to jump into the kitchen and bake some chocolate cookies and they turned out just perfect as I hoped.
These cookies are loaded with lots and lots of dark chocolate then there is cocoa powder and more chocolate chips and nuts and a surprising ingredient, Yes! Candied Orange Peel.. I wanted to add a little oomph to these cookies, so I decided to add some candied orange peel. It was simply amazing. Lovely thick and chewy brownie cookies. These cookies are rich & dense and bursting with flavours..
These cookies have a wonderful texture both of brownie as well as cookies. The candied orange peel gives a fresh and zesty feel and taste to the cookie.
Chocolate and orange go hand in hand. They are the ultimate pairing in this delicious cookie. I have used candied orange before in my Orange Almond Cake with Candied Orange.
Well enough said.. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy this amazing cookie! 😀
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 45 grams cup unsweetened, Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 115 grams Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium Eggs
- 80 grams Dark chocolate, melted
- 110 cups Light brown sugar
- 110 cups Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100 grams Dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup diced Candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup Walnut, coarsely chopped
- 2 Naval Orange
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar for coating
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric whisk, then beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated. Now stir in the melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa and baking powder and salt together.
- Now add the flour mixture in batches and fold in until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate, candied peel and walnuts nuts, mixing just until incorporated.
- Using a scoop to drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on the sheets for 10 minutes or so, then transfer cookies onto rack to cool completely. It will yield around 18-20 thick and chewy cookies.
- Rinse the oranges well.
- Using a small sharp knife cut the peel off the oranges in long strips. Then cut the peel into thin strips.
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange peel and cook until the peel is tender and the syrup thickens, about 25-30 mins.
- Now remove the peel from the syrup and let it come to room temperature. then toss the orange peel in half cup of sugar.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil. Remove the peel from the sugar and place them on the foil. Let stand at room temperature until the coating is dry. then store them in an air tight container.
Love cookies? try my Creamy Peanut Butter and Nutella Melting Moments