Friday nights are supposed to be Pizza nights. But hubby proposed to make me a lovely dinner.. Now can I say no to that tempting proposal?!! No ways!!… 😉
How much ever I love to cook, ocassional holiday from the kitchen is absolutely fine.. Am I right??
A complete relaxing evening, sipping on my favourite Rosé and watching my favourite show.. Bliss!!
I could hear the grinder and the knick knacks in the kitchen. Some sizzling sound reaches my ear and then the house gets filled with an amazing aroma..
My stomach started rumbling.. Uff!! I was famished.. So after one hour of waiting which by the way seemed like an eternity, hubby comes out with these delicious looking, amazing smelling burgers and spicy baked wedges..
I was really surprised with what he had created.. he made these thick and juicy chorizo beef burgers loaded with manchego cheese topped with lettuce, caramalised onion with jalapenos, streaky bacon and the suprise element was the cream cheese and bacon stuffed jalapenos. YUMMMMMM!!! Doesn’t all these sound just out of this world. 🙂
I couldn’t control myself and grabbed my burger and took the first bite… Gosh!! It was so juicy.. This was perfection. It is one of the best burgers I have ever had.. All the flavours just comlimented each other it was just so delicious. The smoky spiciness of the chorizo, creamy and plesantly sharp flavor of the manchego cheese, the sweetness of the caramalised onions, smoked crispy and salty streaky bacon topped with spicy jalapenos stuffer with cream cheese. Delicious!!
The best part of gardening is the HARVEST!!! Look at these lovely big babies.. My home grown jalapenos.. I am so proud of myself.. 😀
I love how these stuffed jalapenos turned out. They tasted so so good.. <3
- 425 grams Beef, minced
- 150 grams Chorizo, grind the chorizo in a food processor into very small crumbles.
- 1 teaspoon Parika
- Handful of Coriander/Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- 6 large Jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 150 grams Cream cheese
- 100 grams cheddar (optional)
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Manchego cheese
- Caramalised onions with jalapenos
- Streaky bacon, cooked
- In a large bowl put the minced beef, ground chorizo, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper and mix well. Use your hands to combine.
- Now form 4 large patties and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the stuffed jalapeno, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until smooth. Toss in the crumbled bacon and mix well. Spoon 2 tsp into each jalapeno half.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 200° for 5-10 minutes.
- Now heat a skillet or a griddle over medium to high heat. Cook the patties 5-6 minutes per side.
- Pile the manchego cheese onto the burgers for the last minute of cook time to melt.
- Serve these delicious hot patties on burger buns topped with lettuce, caramalised onions, streaky bacon and cream cheese and bacon stuffed jalapenos.
These burgers also had a lot of fresh coriander, so they feel quite fresh and light. He cooked our burgers on a skillet which added a nice charred feeling to the burgers and is probably the best way to get some caramelisation on these babies without using a barbeque.
Thanks Hubby for this amazing Burger!! 🙂
Hope you like these Mexican Chorizo Burger with Cream Cheese – Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos and Manchego cheese.. 🙂
You may also like these Oriental Meatball Sliders with Kimchi and Hoisin Mayo.