This Chipotle Chicken burrito bowl makes a satisfying, filling and healthy meal. It is packed with juicy bits if chicken, black beans, corn and spiced rice which tantalise your taste buds. It is perfect when served with some salsa, avocados and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Hello my Lovely friends!! I am back home from my longgggggg vacation (its seems like ages!!) and I am so glad to be back home to my Kitchen, to my Blog!! How I missed cooking & blogging!!
It is time to resume my former life. Although its really hard to get my life back into routine.. Errr!! 🙁 I feel so homesick and immensely miss being in the comfort of my home. It feels good to be around family. Spending quality time with my parents, eating delicious food and have long conversations with my friends. I so wish I lived down the street from my family instead of thousands of miles away. 🙁
I have got loads to share but first let me share a pic of these cute little kitties. My mum’s cats.Look how beautifully they posed for the camera. Ain’t they adorable?! I had an amazing time playing with these kitties. I miss them so much. Well I have loads to write up about India and the amazing food. So keep tuned..
Ok lets get back to my Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans Bowls. Slow cooker meals are the best! Ain’t they??
This chipotle chicken burrito bowls is one of my favourite slow cooker meals. It is extremely delicious and flavourful and so easy to make. Just throw in all these amazing ingredients together in a slow cooker and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal by the end of the day.
Tender chicken breasts are slowly simmered in a flavourful concoction of chipotle sauce along with black beans, corn and a mixture of wild rice and basmati rice. I love this Chipotle burrito bowl with some sliced avocados or salsa and a dollop of sour cream (you can use yogurt to make it more healthy). Yumm!!
- 1 kg boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tablespoon Chipotle sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 11/4 cup chicken stock / water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 200 grams Wild and Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Toppings (optional): Jalapenos, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream or yogurt, green onions for serving
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion, bell peppers and chopped jalapenos until they are soft.
- Then add in the garlic and sauté for another minute. Transfer these sautéd veggies to the slow cooker.
- Now tip in the chicken, chipotle sauce, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, and pepper and 1/2 cup of stock or water and mix everything well. Make sure the chicken breast is covered with stock. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now take off the lid and add in the rice, corn, black beans and the remaining stock. Cover it with a lid again and continue cooking for another 4-5 hours.
- Carefully break up the chicken pieces with 2 fork and mix it well with the rice. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for about 30 minutes.
- Serve this spicy burrito bowl with the toppings of your choice.