30 minute Paneer Vegetable Stew is a healthy, nutritious and delicious stew made with fresh vegetables and paneer (cottage cheese) with minimal spices with in 30 minutes. A big bowl of this hearty and warm stew is soul satisfying and perfect in this cold weather.
Hello my lovely friends!
30 minute meals or one pot meals is definitely becoming my thing. I mean, I love to cook elaborate meals but sometimes all you want is to sit back, relax and have some thing comforting and soul warming which does not take your valuable time from your family.
This paneer and vegetable stew recipe is one of them. Its delicious and nutritious with the goodness of all the fresh vegetables and the soft paneer. A comforting dish achieved within 30 minutes.
Even my 20 month old little bubba approves of this stew. He enjoys this veggie stew as much as we do.
I used variety of vegetables in this stew like potatoes, carrots, green beans, raw papaya, aubergine (eggplant) and snow peas. If possible, don’t miss out any of these gorgeous vegetables as these veggies with the Indian 5 spice(panch phoron) is just mind blowing together.
Bori(dried lentil dumpling)
One more ingredient that I have added in this stew is dried lentil dumplings or bori that we call it in Bengali. Bori is basically made by sun drying lentil paste(urad dal mostly) shaped with hands into these tiny little hats. Bori is used regularly in every Bengali household. There are variety of bori available in the market and we make variety of dishes with it like fish curry and many more.
It is readily available in any Indian grocery stores. It looks some what like the picture below.
But if you are unable to find it, you can skip adding the dumplings in the stew.
If you want a step by step procedure of this recipe you can find it on my Instagram highlights.
30 minute Paneer Vegetable Stew
- 600 grams Mixed vegetables (I used potatoes, carrots, raw papaya, green beans, snow peas) (thinly sliced)
- 150 grams Paneer/ Cottage cheese (cubed)
- 50 grams dried lentil dumplings (bori) (optional)
- 2 green chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tsp Indian 5 spice/ Panch phoron
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- handfull frest coriander chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat, fry the paneer until golden brown and remove with a slotted spoon and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add the dried lentil dumplings (bori) and fry until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and keep it aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan then add the panch phoron, when it splatters, toss in the mixed vegetables, grated ginger, salt and mix everything well.
- Continue frying the veggies for 5 minutes.
- Then add 2 1/2 cups of water and slit green chillies and bring it to a boil. Cover and cook till the veggies are almost done.
- Finally add the paneer and fried bori in the stew and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and take it off the heat.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice with a squeeze of lime.
I hope you enjoy this 30 minute Paneer Vegetable Stew as much as we do!