Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake is super moist and rich chocolate cake as it is made with Mayonnaise with a hint of Chilli. This delicious cake is very easy to whip up and is made in just One bowl!
Wishing all my lovely friends a very Happy New Year! May this year bring all the happiness and light in your life!
And thank you all for all the love and support.
One Bowl cakes..
One bowl cakes are magical. Just mix the dry and wet ingredients in a big bowl, pour it in the baking tin and in they go in the oven. Seriously all I needed to make this cake was a big bowl and a spatula. That’s it!!
Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake is made in just ONE bowl that means no spending ages washing up dishes. Yayyy!!!
No eggs, no problem! No butter or oil, no problem! All you need is Mayonnaise!! Mayonnaise does all the magic. I used Hellmans original mayonnaise. To get the best rest use full fat mayonnaise as no egg or oil goes in this cake.
Another fine ingredient I have added here is chilli flakes. I assure you, it just gives a slight little kick to this cake. Added a tsp of chilli flakes but feel free to adjust accordingly.
Here is a recipe of One skillet Banana Cake with Nutella and Peanut butter. This banana cake is mixed and baked in one single skillet. How wonderful does that sound?!
New Years Disaster…
I had a little disaster today. Yes on the first day of the year… My fault though. I ended up baking this cake twice in the span of 1 hour. This is what happened…..
I desperately wanted to bake a cake on new years day. Something quick, easy and delicious because I wanted to spend minimum time in the kitchen and be with my little family. And what is better than this delicious Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake. I just dumped in all the ingredients in a big bowl, mixed and poured in this amazing Nordic ware bundt pan, and baked it for around 30 -35 mins.
As you know, days are very short during winters, I wanted to some natural light to photograph the cake. And you guessed right…..
I did not allow my cake to cool down and tried to get it out of the pan.. Yikes!! Disaster strikes!!!
Half of the cake was on the plate and half was in the baking pan.
Went ahead and made the cake for the second time. Thank God!!! This cake is very easy to make. The second time after baking, I kept the pan on the window sill and opened the window to cool it faster. Finally, I managed to photograph this cake before darkness hits us. Pheww!
This is such a delicious and moist cake.. Chocolate and chilli is such a fabulous combination. All you can feel is the subtle heat from the chillies. Guaranteed everyone will go for seconds!! This Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake is fab on its own. But, I wanted to make it a little bit more chocolatey and so I glazed it with Chocolate Chilli Ganache. Chocolate Heaven!!!
Well for the time being I need to think what I can do with the delicious broken cake… Cake pops?! Cake roll?! If you have any ideas let me know…
Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
- 300 grams All purpost flour
- 60 grams Cocoa Powder
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1 tsp Coffee granules I used Nescafe
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 cup Mayonnaise I used Hellman's real mayo
- 1 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Chocolate Chilli Ganache
- 180 ml Heavy cream
- 1 cup Dark chocolate I used Hersheys dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and flour a bundt pan and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl sift with a whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, coffee granules, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chilli flakes.
- Now slowly pour the water, mayonnaise and vanilla in the centre and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Now pour it in the greased bundt pan. Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
To make the Chocolate Chilli Ganache:
- In a small pan add the heavy cream and heat it on medium to low. When it comes to a boil add it to the bowl with the chocolate and cayenne powder.
- Let it sit for few minutes and then stir it well with a spatula until you get a beautiful silky glossy chocolate mixture.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and easy to make Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chilli Ganache as much as we do!!