Relive your childhood memories with these Indian Elaichi Cream Biscuit Recipe (Cardamom flavoured cream biscuits). Aromatic cardamom/ elaichi cream is sandwiched in between eggless, melt in the mouth biscuits made with just 4 ingredients and few simple steps to follow.
My little boy will turn 4 next week. Can’t believe he has grown up so much and will start school coming September. For me he is still the tiny little cuddly bear that I held for the for the first time in my hands. Quite emotionally overwhelmed right now.
Any who I will not bore you with my story and let’s jump to this delicious cream biscuits.
My son is all about cream biscuits (don’t we all). Be it oreos, bourbon, custard cream., jammies… He loves them all. But this time I wanted him to taste and enjoy the cream biscuits that I have grown up eating. Hence made these cardamom flavoured cream biscuits, as we cant find it here in the UK.
My love elaichi or cardamoms has no bound. Elaichi Cream biscuit used to be one of my favourites as a kid. And I wanted my little one to enjoy his mummy’s favourites too. And he absolutely loved it.
Every bite of this delicious melt in the mouth biscuits filled with elaichi flavoured cream takes me back down memory lane. The eggless biscuits are light and airy and melt in the mouth. and pairing with the elaichi cream just makes it magical.
What are the ingredients used in this biscuits?
Elaichi cream biscuits are made with very few ingredients. 4 ingredients precisely.
For the biscuits
- All purpose flour / Maida
- Cardamom/ Elaichi powder
- Caster sugar (I used unrefined golden caster sugar)
- Vanilla (optional)
For the elaichi cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cardamom powder
What is elaichi cream?
Elaichi cream is nothing with buttercream flavoured with fragrant cardamom powder. I have also added a drop of green food colouring in the cream to give that Indian store bought look. But it is absolutely optional.
Here are some easy and delicious Cookies/ biscuits that you can try.
Elaichi Cream Biscuit Recipe
Elaichi Cream biscuit recipe | Cardamom flavoured cream biscuit
- Large bowl
- Hand held electric whisk
- large baking tin
- baking/parchment paper
- cookie cutter
For the biscuits
- 110 grams Unsalted Butter soft, room temperature
- 50 grams Caster sugar (I used unrefined golden caster sugar)
- 125 grams All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/4 tsp Elaichi / Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
For the Elachi cream (cardamom cream)
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi powder
- 50 grams Butter soft, room temperature
- 110 grams Icing sugar
- a drop of green food colouring (this is totally optional)
To make the biscuits:
- In a large bowl place the butter and caster sugar.
- Now with a hand held electric whisk beat on low heat until the sugar is mixed with the butter, then increase the speed and beat till light and creamy and fluffy.
- Then slowly incorporate the flour and cardamom powder, vanilla extract if using and with a spatula bring it together.
- Now lightly mix it with hands and gently bring the dough together into a soft dough.
- Shape the dough in a disc and wrap in a cling film. Refrigerate it for 10 minutes so that the dough will firm up a bit.
- Mean while Preheat oven to 180°C or 350 degrees F. And line a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Remove the disc from the refrigerator and roll it to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut it in your desired shape.
- Put them in the oven and Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for 4-5 in the baking sheet.
- Them slowly transfer them on the cooling and cool them completely.
Make the elaichi cream:
- In another large bowl place the softened butter, sugar, cardamom powder and some green food colouring (optional) along with 2 teaspoons of water.
- Now with a hand held whisk, whisk together the butter sugar and cardamom until well combined and turns soft and fluffy.
- When the biscuits are completely cooled, fill it with a generous amount of the prepared cream and sandwich 2 biscuits together.
- Enjoy these elaichi cream biscuits with some milk or tea or coffee.
I hope you enjoy this Indian Elaichi Cream Biscuits as much as we do!
Stay Positive! Stay Safe!