Masala Chaas Popsicle (Spiced Buttermilk Popsicle) a delicious spiced and savoury take on Summer popsicles. Masala chaas popsicle is minty, tangy and so full of flavour. This kid friendly homemade healthy yogurt popsicle is perfect to slurp on this Summer.Jump to Recipe
Hello my lovely friends!
Finally the weather is getting nice and warm and sunny here in the UK. And it is time to whip up some good popsicles to enjoy in this weather.
I am sharing a flavourful and healthy, quick and easy toddler/kid friendly popsicle recipes.
Are you a sweet or a savoury lover?
I am more of a Savoury person. But when it comes to chocolates, it makes me weak in my knees.
I know, some people may cringe at the sound of savoury popsicle, my husband being one of the.
Savoury popsicles!! Whattttttttt!!
When you hear popsicles it shouts sweeeeeet. I know popsicles are meant to be sweet and all. But, hear me out. This buttermilk popsicle is so yummy and full of flavour. You will fall in love with this once you have tasted it. My not so savoury popsicle lover husband did. And so did my little bubba. A healthy and tasty homemade yogurt popsicle. This is definitely a popsicle for toddlers, kids and adults to enjoy.
Hot to make Masala Chaas Popsicle (Spiced Buttermilk Popsicles)
During summer we always feel like glugging down a large glass full of chilled juice or smoothie or masala chaas (Indian buttermilk) to keep our body and mind thanda thanda cool cool.
Then why not turn that spiced buttermilk into a popsicle. It is always handy to have something cold and lush ready to slurp on during summer.
It had got the minty freshness rom the mint and coriander. Hint of spiciness from the ginger and chilli. Earthiness from the roasted cumin seed powder. And tanginess from black salt and chaat masala.
And to add more masala chaas popsicle has got so much health benefits as well.It heFights acidity, improved digestion, lowers cholesterol.. and many more. and why not it is loaded with mint, coriander, ginger,
Masala chaas popsicle is is extremely simple to make.
Buttermilk: Just whisk together equal amount of yogurt (greek or natural) and water in a bowl. (I used natural yogurt)
Minty Masala paste: Make a paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger and chilli in a blender.
Add the whisked yogurt, minty masala paste, roasted cumin powder, black salt, chaat masala and whisk everything well. Now pour it in popsicle molds and freeze for 10-12 hours. Enjoy this frozen popsicle. I likewith some added sprinkle of chaat masala.
Some Frozen/icecream recipes you may want to take a look at
Masala Chaas Popsicle (Spiced Buttermilk Popsicle)
- Popsicle mold
- mixer grinder
- bid bowl
- 1 1/2 Cup Yogurt (Greek/Natural)
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves washed
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves washed
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- Salt (as per taste)
- In a mixer grinder add mint, coriander leaves, ginger, green chillies. grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl whisk the yogurt well, then slowly add the water and continue whisking until every is mixed well.
- Add the ground coriander-mint paste to the yogurt-water mixture and with the help of whisk mix everything well.
- Now add the black salt, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala and whisk.
- Now check the seasoning, since we have added black salt add salt accordingly and whisk well.
- Now pour it in the individual popsicles mould a put it in the freezer for at least 10-12 hours.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of chaat masala (optional).
I hope you enjoy this delicious Masala Chaas Popsicle (Buttermilk Popsicle) as much as we do!
If you have tried this recipe, I would love to see your wonderful creation. simply click a picture and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram.