Zucchini Prawns Curry is a spicy and delicious Indian style curry. This zucchini prawns curry is a weeknight favourite, quick and easy to make and is packed with amazing flavours.
I am back with a fun recipe today, We enjoy zucchini in cakes and bakes and pastas. But today let’s jazz up this beautiful squash. Make a delicious spicy curry with prawns.
Yup zucchini prawns curry!
This zucchini recipe is created by my mommy dearest. I have learnt this from her the last time she had visited me here in the UK. And we got hooked to this. Well who can say no to a good curry especially when it is loaded with juicy plump prawns. It has a very refreshing flavour to it as well.
Do give this a try, I am sure just like me you will get hooked to it as well.
What are the ingredients used to make zucchini curry?
This courgette curry is made with very few and basic ingredients ingredients.
- Zucchini / courgette
- Prawns/Shrimp (For vegetarian option skip the prawns and add potatoes)
- Green chillies
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Spice powder (Red chilli, Coriander, Cumin powder, Turmeric powder)
- Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- Coriander leaves
Can we skip the prawns in this curry?
Of course!! you can. I love to make this zucchini curry with thin slices of potatoes. It tastes equally good.
Here are few recipes you can try.
Zucchini Prawns Curry Recipe
Zucchini Prawns Curry | Courgette prawns curry
- large thick bottomed pan/ large Kadhai
- 800 grams Zucchini / courgette
- 200 grams Prawns/Shrimp
- 2 Onions (arnd 1 cup) thinly sliced
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped
- 4-5 Green chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3-4 tbsp Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Coriander leaves chopped
- Cut the zucchini into large chunks and keep it aside. If you wish you can peel the zucchini, I kept the skin on.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium high heat. When hot add the onions and sauté for 5 mins until soft and turns golden.
- Then add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt Sauté for few seconds.
- Then add in the chopped tomato and sauté until soft and mushy.
- Then add 3/4 cup of water and cover and cook the masala on medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring intermittently. Cook until you see the oil separate from the masala.
- Then add the prawns and mix. cook for a minute or 2 until it is no longer raw.
- Toss in the zucchini in the masala and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and cooked through.
- Finally add the chopped coriander and sliced green chillies and cook for 2 minutes. Then take it off the heat.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.
I hope you enjoy this Zucchini prawns curry as much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!