Aloo Methi Baingan Sabzi
Aloo Methi Baingan ki Sabzi is a simple and nutritious Indian side dish. A vegetable medley that combines stir fried potatoes and eggplants along with fresh fenugreek leaves tempered with garlic and cumin seeds. Aloo Methi Baingan is a delicious complement to dal and rice or roti.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 medium Potatoes washed, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 medium Brinjal/eggplant washed and cut into into 3-4 cm cubes
- 2 1/2- 3 cups Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves washed and chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2-3 large Garlic pods chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
- 2 Dried red chillies
- Salt (as per taste)
- 3 tbsp Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (optional) roasted and crushed roughly i
Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan/kadhai on medium high heat. When hot temper it with cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
When the seed splatter add in the chopped garlic and onions and saute until they turn slight brown.
Now add the potatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Toss in the baingan/eggplant along with green chillies and mix it well with the potatoes.
Next stir in the methi leaves and tomatoes along with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Mix everything well.
Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat or until the potatoes and eggplants are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with some peanuts (optional) and serve it hot with some roti or rice.