Jalapenos and Mature Cheddar Bread Wreath is a delicious and festive bread. It is loaded with jalapenos, mature cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Definitely a bread lovers dream.
My dear friends let me introduce you to this delicious Spicy Cheesy Bread… It is just a bread lovers dream.. It is loaded with jalapenos, mature cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.. Yummm!! … I am drooling as I am writing about it 🙂
Look at this, does’t it look beautiful.. Well it tastes even better than it looks. I had no idea it would turn out so amazing.. But when hubby took a first bite he was like Gahhh!! He said it was *beeping* awesome and it is one of the best breads he has ever had. So do I !! It was indeed *beeping* awesome.. 😀
And after 20 mins……We devoured more than half of it… it was just too good!!… 😀
I have added a secret ingredient to this bread which gives it the real twist in the tongue. Any guesses what it is???
Yes! its Pickled Jalapenos.. It adds that vinegar-y tang and of course the heat to the bread. It takes the bread to the next level of DELICIOUSNESS…
Since few days I had this hankering for a bread which is spicy and cheesy at the same time. In short something Fancy.. 🙂
This was how the epitome of deliciousness was born. To make it even more fancier I shaped it into a Twisted Wreath. You can also make into a simple bread LOAF if you don’t have the time.. It will be delicious however you make it.. This bread is a perfect side to any soups, casseroles or it can be devoured as it is.
Make the dough and let it proof for up to an an hour or so. Once it doubles in size just punch it down and give a final knead.
Now with a rolling pin roll out the dough into a rectangular shape about 1/4th if an inch.
Spread the two types of jalapenos, Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese, leaving out 2 cms from the border.
Roll in the long side of the dough and pinch the seam closed. Now transfer it to a parchment lined baking sheet.
Now Wrap it into a Wreath. Let it rise for 30-40 mins. bake for 25-30 mins and Voilà!! Beautiful cheesy spicy bread is Ready to serve..
- 400 grams Strong Bread flour + 2-3 tablespoon extra flour for kneading
- 1 tbsp fast action dried yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lukewarm Water
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp lukewarm Milk ( if lactose intolerance, replace the milk with water)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 large Jalapenos, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapenos, chopped
- 1 cup mature cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large mixing bowl add 400 grams of flour, sugar and salt. Mix it together and make a well in the middle. keep aside.
- Mix the yeast with the lukewarm water and lukewarm milk and let it rest for 5-7 mins until the mixture looks bubbly and frothy.
- To make the dough. Pour the yeast-water mixture into the well. Bring the flour in gradually from the sides and keep mixing and working the rest of the flour in with your flour-dusted hands. Tip the dough out on the well dusted surface to knead. Work in more flour one tablespoon at a time until it is smooth. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough.
- Now place the dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an 45 minutes to one hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle using a rolling pin until it reaches 1/4th inch of thickness or as you desire.
- Now add the chopped jalapenos and cheeses leaving 2 cms of border.
- Roll the long side of the dough to you and pinch the seam closed.
- Transfer to your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the dough in half down the length of the dough and pinch the top ends together.
- Now braid the two pieces, trying to keep the pieces twisted so the cut ends remain on top.
- When you get to the bottom, pinch the ends together and wrap into a wreath.
- Now let it rest for 30 to 40 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Top the bread with more grated parmesan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it cool and slice to serve.
I served it alongside with some creamy Tomato soup. It was YUMM!!
Bon Appetite!! 😀