One Pot Indian Chicken Curry (Murgir Mangshor Jhol) is a delicious & flavourful chicken curry with potatoes packed with warm Indian spices. This is an absolutely easy-peasy curry you can also call it a “no-fuss” chicken curry. And makes a perfect weeknight one pot dinner with basmati rice or roti.
Hello my lovely friends!
Here I am with another One Pot Meal.
In today’s busy world and busy time, I bring to you this easy peasy one pot chicken curry to make life a bit more easier. No elaborate steps or frying or grinding to make this curry.
Just mix all the ingredients together in a pan and put it on stove when ever you are ready. That is it!!
So simple right…
Few weeks back I had posted a picture of my one pot chicken curry on Instagram and was bombarded with requests to share the recipe. so here I am with this amazingly simple and delicious No-Fuss chicken curry.
This is definitely my go to chicken curry recipe even if i have time in my hands as this is extremely simple and so so delicious. It is totally approved and love by all my family and friends.
Need more one pot chicken meals that you will enjoy. Here is the recipe for my Hyderabadi Dum Murgh (Hyderabadi Chicken Curry) which is another spicy and fragrant slow cooked chicken curry.
If you wish can follow me on instagram and get more details about all the current recipes.
So what are you waiting for make and enjoy this delicious Indian style chicken curry cooked in one pot.
One Pot Indian Chicken Curry (Murgir Mangshor Jhol)
- 1 kg Chicken (I used drumsticks)
- 3 medium Onions chopped
- 3-4 Potatoes (washed, peeled and quartered)
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder (or according to taste)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder (For the colour)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- 3-4 Green Cardamom
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Meat masala of your choice (optional, I did not use any meat masala)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt As per taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- handful Coriander garnish (optional)
- In a large thick bottom pan or a bowl, mix all the above ingredients nicely with hands. Massage the chicken pieces well with all the masala.
- Keep it aside for an hour or over night if you have time on your hands.
- If not just place the pan with the marinated chicken on the hob at medium heat. Stir frequently, so that it doesn't stick the bottom.
- When the chicken has changed colour (oo longer raw) and you can oil seeping through the masala, add 1 cup of hot water and cover and cook on low to medium heat.
- Cook the chicken curry until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are done.
- Check the seasoning and add salt or sugar if required.
- If you like a thin curry then add 1/2 to 1 cup of hot water and bring it to a boil for few mins.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with coriander and serve it with lots of salad, rice or roti.
I hope you enjoy this delicious One Pot Indian Chicken Curry (Murgi Mangshor Jhol).
Don’t forget to tag @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on instagram, twitter of facebook if you have tried the recipe.
What do you think?