Pepperoni Pizza Stromboli is a different way (a cool and more fun way) to eat your fav PIZZA. Super simple and can be easily made at home. Your family and friends will love you more because these are so darn good.
Stromboli is perfect for those nights when you have a hankering for pizza, but not really. Stromboli is basically a Pizza roll. Pizza roll!! Sounds awesome right?! It’s the wonder child of pizza, and it’s worth all the hard word, which is not as much as you prolly think by the way. 😉
Pizza is just a plain ol’ pizza but Stromboli is a different way ( a cool and more fun way) to eat your fav PIZZA. Super simple and can be easily made at home. Your family and friends will love you moreeee because these are so darn good. They will go all gaga over this because it is something that they don’t see it everyday.
It has just one issue (na don’t be scared nothing serious) difficulty in Handling and transferring the finished stuffed rolled pizza dough on to the baking sheet. Yes, I had that problem the first time I made a Stromboli. But that’s just a tiny tiny problem and here is the solution.
Start by rolling out the dough into a rectangular shape and first thing you do is place the rolled out dough on the baking sheet then slather it up with your fave pizza sauce, meat and cheese of your choice and then roll up. That’s it, Problem solved! you don’t have to worry about transferring the finished product onto the baking sheet.
So shall we make some?
Spread a little pizza sauce over the dough, leaving an inch of border.
Now lay the pepperoni slices or any toppings of your choice over the sauce.
In the end, lay the sliced up mozzarella cheese or grated mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni.
Now crack up an egg and whisk it. Brush the edges with it.
Frist fold up the two shorter sides about an inch and brush them with egg too.
Now roll up the dough ( start with the longer side) as tight as you can.. Then bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. 🙂
- 300 grams pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 18-20 slices pepperoni
- 1 egg, beaten
- extra pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/ 205 degrees celsius.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place it on the baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over of plain dough leaving an inch from the sides. Top the sauce with the pepperoni.
- Now top it up with mozzarella cheese.
- Brush the plain strip of dough with the egg. Fold in the sides about an inch and brush them with egg.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll.
- Now brush the stromboli with the egg.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool it for 5-10 minutes and then slice into pieces. Serve with more pizza sauce.
Wait a few minutes before you slice and serve. Serve it hot with extra sauce.
Bon Appetite!! 😀
You may also like this Hotdog Pizza with Caramalized Onions and Jalapenos