Perfect Summer Pasta- Garlic Prawn Spaghetti with Lemon, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Today’s recipe is Garlic Prawn Spaghetti with Lemon, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes. It is a lovely, light and a zesty dish. A perfect Summer Pasta.
Pasta is a perfect summer dish. It is very fulfilling and nourishing and it doesn’t involve firing up the oven. Fresh seasonal ingredients such as tomatoes, zucchini or basil are a good use in these light pasta dishes. I have used spaghetti pasta to make this wonderful dish, but by all means use linguini or any other pasta you desire. Anyone heath conscious, unlike me can opt for wholewheat pasta. 😉
Say hello to SUMMER!!! I simply love summer, especially UK summer. After the depressing long winters wait.. the summer feels like a blessing.. It brings a big smile to my face every morning when the bright sun rays wakes me up .. 😀
Using some of June’s favourite ingredients I had on hand, I thought of making pasta today. Spaghetti with Lemon, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes as good as it sounds it tastes even better. It can be also enjoyed as a vegetarian option minus the prawns. To take the whole dish onto another level of awesomeness, I decided to add prawns. It is simply heavenly. I like to add a little meat to my dish. Prawns complements the flavours so well. This recipe is super quick to make. Trust me it takes less than half an hour to make this pasta. Its a low-fat dish, perfect for a mid-week meal.
This is a gorgeous, healthy and a quick and easy pasta dish and can be fixed up in a jiffy. Perfect for one of the lovely and refreshing summer days!
- 250 grams Spaghetti pasta
- 25 raw King Prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise with a potato peeler
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- zest of one Lemon
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 green Chilli, chopped
- 50 grams of mozzarella (optional)
- a few sprigs of Parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a few sprigs of thyme or chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Just before the pasta is ready, add the zucchini strips to the water and cook for about a minutes, then strain in a colander. Toss with a teaspoon of olive oil, to ensure that the pasta doesn't stick to each other and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat one tablespoon of olive oil, add half the garlic, a good pinch of salt and the prawns, and cook until the prawns have just changed in colour. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds, then add the chopped chillies and the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until they just start to soften.
- Now toss in the zest of one lemon and also the lemon juice.
- Now add the fried garlic prawns along with the pasta and zucchini and mix it about ensuring all the ingredients are heated.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- At this point add the mozzarella if you want to add more richness to the dish, otherwise its a lovely, lighter and lemony dish.
- Garnish with chopped Parsley.
- Unfortunately I didn't have any basil leaves so didn't put that in. If you do please toss in basil leaves it, it add more flavour to the dish.
- For vegetarian version, please skip the prawns and make the dish as per instructions. This pasta tastes amazing without the prawns too.
I hope you enjoy this lovely, healthy super easy Perfect Summer Pasta- Garlic Prawn Spaghetti with Lemon, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes. 🙂