Cherry Cardamom Crumble Cake is a moist, crunchy and flavourful coffee or tea cake. Buttery cake is scattered with sweet, dark juicy cherries and piled high with cardamom scented buttery crumble, baked to perfection!
Hiya my friends!!
Finally back after a month long hiatus. It feels great to be back and do what I love the most; create flavourful content for you guys.
Let’s begin on a sweeter note. Baked this delicious crumble cake, this cardamom scented cherry cardamom crumble cake last week and we loved every bit of it.
It is made up of 3 glorious layered cake baked together in one go.
1. The base layer is a moist, light and fluffy vanilla flavoured cake.
2. The middle layer consist of fresh, juicy cherry /cherries and
3. The top layer is a crunchy and buttery crumble topping with a hint of my favourite spice cardamom.
Adding cardamom to the crumble topping?
The addition of cardamom to the crunchy buttery crumble topping takes this cherry cake to the next level. It is not over powering at all. The whole kitchen and hallway got filled with the beautiful aroma while it was baking.
Substitute for Cardamom powder
If you are not a fan of cardamom, simple replace it with cinnamon powder or vanilla instead. It will turn out equally delicious.
Adding Sour cream to the batter..
Another amazing ingredient that I have added to this cherry cake is sour cream. It adds a lovely richness, moisture and flavour without thinning the batter, which is what we need to hold the topping of fresh cherries and crumble.
Let’s take a look the ingredients.
Ingredients you will need:
- All purpose flour/Maida
- Baking Powder
- Baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Golden caster sugar/ light brown sugar
- Free range large Eggs
- Sour cream
- Cardamom powder
- Vanilla extract
Trust me this will be the best cherry crumble cake you will ever make. I have served it with a drizzle of some freshly made cherry sauce to make it a little bit more merrier. You can serve it as it is and enjoy with some tea or coffee.
Let’s get baking!!!!
Here are few delicious cake recipe that you can try.
Cherry Cardamom Crumble Cake recipe
Cherry Cardamom Crumble Cake
- 8 inch loose bottom cake tin or spring form cake tin
- Electric Hand whisk or stand mixer
- Large bowl
Cardamom Crumble Topping
- 100 grams All purpose flour / Maida
- 65 gms Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar
- 85 grams Butter (cold)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (freshly ground)
Cherry Cake Batter
- 180 gms All purpose flour / Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- 110 gms Unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 135 gms Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar
- 2 large Eggs free range
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 400-450 gms Cherries (washed and pitted)
- Preheat oven to 350° F or 180° C.and line 8 inch loose bottomed or spring form cake tin with parchment paper and brush or spray with butter or oil.
Cardamom Crumble Topping
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar and freshly ground cardamom powder and whisk it together.
- Then add grater or chopped cold butter and combine together with your hands, until the mixture resembles crumbs. Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate.
To make Cherry cardamom crumble cake:
- In a bowl sift together the all purpose flour/ maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt. keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer place the butter and sugar.
- Now using an electric mixer or standing mixer beat them at medium speed for 2 minutes or until it is fluffy and pale.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat shortly, until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and give a good mix.
- Add half the dry ingredients. With a spatula, mix until just combined.
- Then add the sour cream and the rest of the flour.
- With a spatula fold in all the ingredients gently. Do not over mix. The batter should be slightly thick.
- Next transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Distribute the cherries evenly on top.
- Cover the top with the prepared crumble layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until the top is light brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cherry cardamom crumble cake cool before serving. Enjoy it with tea or coffee.
I hope you enjoy this quick and delicious Cherry Cardamom Crumble Cakee as much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!