Banana Coconut Cardamom Cake is a moist and delicious eggless cake with delicate crumbs that is so full of flavour. The subtle coconut flavour pairs exceeding well with banana and cardamom resulting in tropical harmony of flavours.
As promised in my last post where I had shared this yummy Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit Recipe, I am back with another delicious and eggless baked
Since last 2 days when ever I entered the kitchen, I saw 3 sad little overripe bananas staring right back at me pleading to be transformed into something amazing. Over ripe bananas always tempts me to make these Kolar Bora (Bengali style Banana Fritters) or this deliciously moist Banana Loaf.
So this time instead of opting for just one of the 2, I decided to bake a cake keeping in mind the flavours of the kolar bora (bengali banana fritters).
Banana and coconut this combination for me is just out of this world. There are few more sweets recipe with this combination on the blog. Spiced Banana and Coconut Fritters (Narkel diye Kolar bora), Coconut and Banana Malpua, Banana Coconut Honey Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies. And all of them are eggless recipes.
As the cake was baking in the oven the aroma wafted through the hallway. The house smelled incredible later. The cake turned out so moist. Each and every crumb was super flavourful.
What ingredients are used to make Coconut Banana Cardamom Cake?
- Whole Wheat flour
- Over ripe Bananas
- Desiccated Coconut
- Cardamom powder
- Light browm sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
- Oil (Veg/Coconut)
- Vanilla extract
It is very easy to make this cake. All you need is a large bowl and a spatula or fork. I have used a loaf tin but you can use any cake tin you desire.
Here are few baked goodies that you can try.
Banana Coconut Cardamom Cake
Banana Coconut Cardamom Cake
- Large bowl
- 2lb loaf tin or any cake tin
- 180 grams Whole wheat flour (or you can also use half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour/maida)
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large Over Ripe bananas (arnd 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and brush a 2lb loaf tin with oil and keep it aside.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl with a fork.
- Next add sugar, yogurt, oil, vanilla and milk and mix it well with the mashed banana.
- Now add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and desiccated coconut, salt to the wet mixture. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. do not over mix.
- Finally add the raisins and give a final mix.
- Pour the thick batter in the loaf tin and pop it in the oven.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes. Insert a tooth pick in the cake and if it comes out clean take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes then take it out and cool it completely in a cooling rack.
- Serve this moist cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Banana Coconut Cardamom Cake as much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!