Are you ready for the most delicious and easiest Blueberry muffins ever?! All you need is a bowl and a fork to make these moist Blueberry muffins. Learn how to make these PERFECT whole wheat flour muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries at home.
This is how our breakfast look like most of the days. We kick-start our day with these delicious muffins loaded with blueberries. I know it is not exactly blueberry season, but I like to keep frozen blueberries in my freezer. It is so convenient to have some berris at hand during times like this.
My little one absolutely adores muffins, so I end up making these delicious blueberry muffins almost every week. Yes, this classic muffins are our family favourite now. Perfect breakfast muffin with my cup of tea and a cup of milk for my toddler.
These muffins are super delicious, healthy and so moist. I try to make it as healthy as possible by using whole wheat flour. Replacing refined and processed white sugar with unrefined golden caster sugar and dark brown sugar. But feel free to use regular sugar instead of golden caster sugar.
If fresh or frozen blueberries are not available or you are not a fan of blueberries, then just replace it with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips or any dried fruits and nuts.
How long do blueberry muffin last?
Blueberry muffins if stored properly will keep well for 1 to 2 days at room temperature. And if stored in a fridge it will keep well for about a week. Just heat the muffin in the microwave and enjoy with your tea or coffee.
Blueberry muffins freezes really well too. Store it in a ziplock bag in a freezer and store upto 2 months. Thaw the muffins completely at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or you can reheat in the microwave or oven.
Here are few quick and easy bakes that you can try.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins recipe | Blueberry muffins with Whole wheat flour
- Large bowl
- muffin cases
- muffin tin
- 1 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Golden Caster Sugar (natural & unrefined)
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar (unrefined)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large Eggs
- 80 ml Oil (veg/sunflower/coconut)
- 150 ml Whole Milk you can also use almond milk/coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and keep it aside.
- If you are using fresh or frozen blueberries, simply toss them in a 1 tablespoon of flour. This avoids the blueberries to sink to the bottom.
- In a bowl whisk in all the wet ingredients and keep it aside.
- Next in a large bowl whisk in all the dry ingredients except the blueberries.
- Now make a well in the centre and pour in the wet ingredients. Now with a fork mix everything until combined. Do not over mix the batter as thill will make the muffins tough.
- Toss in the blueberries in the batter and mix.
- Now pour the batter in the muffin cases, leaving 1/2 cm from the top. Top it up with more berries if you wish. I made 8 large muffins with these batter. You can easily make 10-12 medium sized muffins.
- Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the th muffins are well risen and firm. Check the doneness with a wooden skewer, it is done if the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins and place it on a rack to cool.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Blueberry Muffin as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
angiesrecipesNovember 20, 2019
Save me a couple of these beautiful, healthy and tasty muffins, please :-)) Gorgeous shots, as always!
[email protected] BongDecember 1, 2019
Thank you Angie!!❤️
marcieNovember 22, 2019
Blueberry muffins are my favorite — I’d love a dozen!
[email protected] BongDecember 1, 2019
Would love to share with you Marcie❤️