Chocolate Banana Loaf is an incredibly moist, delicious and healthy whole wheat flour loaf cake loaded with walnuts and chocolate chip. This banana chocolate walnut loaf is extremely quick and simple to whip up. Seriously a bowl and a spatula is all you need and you will end up with the best chocolate banana loaf ever.
I have put my baking hat on and am totally on a baking spree these day. Just like few days back I had posted these BLUEBERRY MUFFINS, which by the way is so so delicious and healthy and super duper easy to make from scratch. If you have not seen it yet, go have a look and try it. I am 100% sure you will love it.
Now some truth time. I am not much of a fruit lover and barely consume any fruit. I know really shocking and quite shameful. And many of my friends are really surprised when they hear this. How can someone not like fruits?!
But.. there is a but. I love fruits when it is baked into some amazing sweet goodies.
My husband and my little one love fruits. Thank god for that. Little A loves bananas. But last week due cold n flu he was not much into fruits or any food for that matter. Not even his beloved bananas. Well he is fine now.
And I witnessed the transition of the bananas from fresh to ugly overripe bananas on my kitchen counter. Then what, I jumped into the opportunity to bake a lovely banana cake but this time with some chocolate. Who doesn’t like chocolate?! My little one as well as my friends enjoyed this moist banana chocolate cake to the fullest. And this makes me very happy.
Ingredients used to make Banana Chocolate loaf
All the ingredients to make this cake is easily available and accessible.
- Over ripe bananas
- Good quality Cocoa powder (I used Callebaut)
- Walnuts (you can skip nuts if you are allergic)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Free range eggs
- Whole Wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Golden Caster sugar /White caster sugar (I use unrefined and natural sugar)
- Oil (veg/sunflower /coconut)
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
How to make banana chocolate loaf?
Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper and spray or brush with oil.
Next in a small bowl mix all the wet ingredients. In a large bowl sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sugar and mix. Now add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold in until it is just combined. Do not over mix the batter or it will turn out dry and tough. Stir very gently and just until the flour is incorporated.
Add the chopped walnut and chocolate chips. Pour the batter in the baking tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean take it out of the oven. If not bake for another 6-10 minutes. Let it cool completely and serve it with coffee or tea or milk.
Here are few Baked goodies recipes you can try.
Chocolate Banana Whole Wheat Loaf
Chocolate Banana Walnut Whole Wheat Loaf
- 2lb loaf tin
- large mixing bowl
- 180 gms Whole Wheat Flour / all purpose flour sifted
- 25 gms Cocoa Powder sifted
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 150 gms Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 2 large Over Ripe Bananas approx. 1 cup
- 2 large Free range Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil (veg/sunflower/coconut)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Walnuts Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate chips You can add more if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper and brush or spray with oil.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl and then mix in the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and milk.
- In a large bowl whisk in all the dry ingredients together.
- Now pour in the wet ingredients and with a spatula fold it until evenly mixed. Do not over mix. It is very important that you do not over stir the batter or it will turn out dry and tough. Stir just very gently and just until the flour is incorporated.
- Add in half of the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and top it up with more chopped walnuts.
- Put it in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean and should be golden on the outside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the loaf tin and then remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve it with tea or coffee.
- The flavours of the loaf intensifies even more the next day.
- Bake loaf as per the recipe. Leave to cool completely at room temperature then wrap well in cling film and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Leave to defrost in packaging at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Chocolate Banana Walnut Loaf Cake as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
angiesrecipesNovember 27, 2019
The loaf cake looks beautiful and so moist! Gorgeous shots, as always!
[email protected] BongNovember 27, 2019
It really is a decadent cake. Thank you so much Angie ..
Pupul RungtaMay 14, 2020
Can you please share an eggless version for the chocolate banana walnut loaf.!?
[email protected] BongMay 15, 2020
I will soon.