Chocolate and Walnut Cake is a very moist, fudgy and one of the most decadent cake of all times, drizzled with rich dark chocolate and topped with crunchy walnuts. A yummy slice of this richly dark chocolate walnut cake is always so satisfying with cup of coffee or tea.
Hope you are all safe and sound.
Don’t we all love a good dessert or chocolate cake at tea time or after meals. I surely do!
And this chocolate walnut cake is my go to recipe. One bowl and a fork is all you need to make this decadent cake. I really love a cake with some crunch hence I load it with walnuts. You can add nuts of your choice or simply skip it if you are allergic to nuts.
Now if you wish to make it healthier you can never go wrong with this moist Chocolate Banana Whole Wheat loaf. Ugly overripe bananas baked into a lovely banana cake with some chocolate. My little one as well as my friends enjoyed this moist banana chocolate cake to the fullest. And this makes me very happy.
What ingredients are used to make this moist chocolate walnut cake?
- All Purpose Flour/Whole Wheat Flour
- Cocoa powder (I used Callebaut)
- Unrefined Brown Sugar/ Caster Sugar/ Sugar
- baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of salt
How to make chocolate walnut cake?
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a cake tin with baking paper and spray or brush with oil.
Next in a small bowl mix all the wet ingredients. In a large bowl sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sugar and mix. Now add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold in until it is just combined. Do not over mix the batter or it will turn out dry and tough. Stir very gently and just until the flour is incorporated.
Add the chopped walnut and chocolate chips. Pour the batter in the baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean take it out of the oven. If not bake for another 5-8 minutes. Let it cool completely and serve it with coffee or tea or milk.
Here are few dessert recipes that you can try.
Chocolate Ginger Chia Pudding Popsicle
Chocolate Filter Coffee Fudge Cake
Parle-G Chocolate Truffles with Salted caramel
Chocolate Ginger Whole Wheat Biscotti
Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Banana Skillet Cake
Salted Almond and Hazelnut Chewy Dark Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Chilli Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
Orange and Cranberry Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle
Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Chocolate Chunk Cake Bars
Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake sprinkled with Fleur de Sel
Almond Multigrain Brownie Thins
Fudgy Brownies with Salted Caramel
Chocolate and Walnut Cake
Chocolate and Walnut Cake
- 8 inch cake tin or 2lb loaf tin
- Large bowl
- 200 gms All purpose flour or Whole wheat Flour sifted
- 25 grams Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 180 grams Unrefined Brown caster sugar
- 2 tsp Coffee powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 1/2-3/4 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup dark Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper and brush or spray with oil.
- In a bowl mix in all the eggs, oil and vanilla extract except the hot water.
- In a large bowl In a large bowl sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sugar and mix.
- Now pour in the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold it until evenly mixed. Then slowly pour the hot water folding delicately. Do not over mix. It is very important that you do not over stir the batter or it will turn out dry and tough. Stir just very gently and just until the flour is incorporated.
- Add in half of the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and top it up with more chopped walnuts.
- Put it in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean and should be golden on the outside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the loaf tin and then remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the cake as it is or Melt the rest of the chocolate chips in the oven and pour it on the cake and top it with fresh berried and cherries for more summery look.
- Slice and serve it with tea or coffee.
I hope you enjoy this quick and delicious one bowl Chocolate Cake as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
angiesrecipesAugust 18, 2020
Such a lovely cake and loaded with goodness! Really love the fruity topping.