Ginger Spiced Hot Chocolate is a thick, rich, creamy and absolutely indulgent drink. This comfort drink spiced with fresh ginger provides ultimate warmth and coziness to body and soul. This winter cozy up with a large mug of this best ginger hot cocoa without cream.
As promised I am back with another CHOCOLATE + GINGER recipe. Isn’t this one of the best combinations ever?!
Did you get a chance to check out the super simple and healthy chocolate ginger whole wheat biscotti yet. Whole some, healthy and so delicious, these biscottis are absolutely amazing.
And if you are an ice cream person then don’t give this dark chocolate ginger ice cream a miss.
I love plain hot chocolate. well who doesn’t?! But sometimes I love to play around with the flavours of my hot cocoa. Some days chilli or cayenne, somedays orange and some times cardamom. I love it all.
Winter for me is to indulge in some lovely baked goodies and warm drinks like deliciously spiced mulled wine and hot cocoa. And I love to sip on some hot chocolate almost every day. And I m not at all ashamed.
Since we are talking mulled wine, I will be sharing my amazingly spiced and fragrant mulled wine recipe soon with you to enjoy this winter. Till then have a look at this festive drink that I made few days ago Sparkling Hibiscus Lemonade.
Today, I am sharing my favourite Ginger spiced Hot Chocolate. It is so warming and soothing and it takes this hot cocoa to the next level. Ginger is such a versatile ingredient, sweet or savoury, it never never fails to impress. Ginger is naturally warm and soothing. Perfect warm drink in this cold weather. Do give this drink a try and I am sure it will not disappoint you a bit.
Ingredients used to make Ginger Hot Chocolate
5 ingredients is all you need to make this perfectly warm and comforting drink but indulgent at the same time.
- Whole Milk (you can also use semi skimmed, but I prefer using whole milk as it makes the drink thick and creamy. And I don’t use any cream in my drink)
- Fresh Ginger (Try using fresh ginger, it gives the best result)
- Cocoa powder (I use dark callebaut cocoa powder)
- Dark chocolate
- Sweetener (sugar/honey/ stevia/brown sugar)
Combine the milk and cocoa powder with the fresh ginger and bring it to a slight boil. Then take it off the heat and let the ginger steep for 15-30 minutes. Now strain the ginger and add the milk cocoa mixture to the milk pan and heat and add the chocolate and sweetener to it. Brink it to a simmer. Remove from the heat and serve.
Here are few chocolate recipes that you can try.
Ginger Spiked Hot Cocoa
GInger Spiced Hot Chocolate | How to make hot chocolate with Ginger
- Large milk pan
- 500 ml Whole Milk /Semi skim milk
- 15 gms Fresh Ginger Thinly sliced and lightly crushed in pestle motor
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 100 gms Dark Chocolate
- 5-6 tbsp Brown sugar/sweetener
- In 1/4th cup of cold milk and add the cocoa powder and whisk it well into a smooth thick paste.
- In a milk pan add the milk, cocoa paste and mix well. Now add the thinly sliced ginger slices and mix. Put it on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Heat the milk until it starts to steam, and small bubbles appear around the edges of the pot. Keep on stirring frequently to keep the milk from scorching on the bottom of the pot.
- Bring just to a boil and remove from the heat. Cover and let it steep for 15-30 mins.
- When the ginger is done steeping, strain it out of the milk-cream mixture. Now return the milk-cream mixture to the saucepan and bring it back to a simmer.
- Toss in the dark chocolate and sweetener and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and serve it in your favourite mug with loads of marshmallows or other toppings as desired.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Ginger Hot Chocolate as much as we do!