Persian Love Biscotti (Rose Pistachio Biscotti) is a fragrant Italian double baked biscuits flavoured with rosewater, pistachios, cardamom, almonds and lemon. This Middle Eastern flavoured Rose Pistachio biscotti is wonderfully light and delicately spiced. WARNING: YOU ARE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH PERSIAN LOVE BISCOTTI!!
Hello my lovely friends!
I am back after a mini 10 days hiatus. All energised and refreshed with delicious festive recipes for you.
Starting with this Biscotti; this fragrant Persian Love biscotti. So delicious, you will fall in love with it at the first bite!
It’s December! And only 24 days to Christmas. Which means it’s time to bake and enjoy these delicious goodies and be merry!! Calories don’t count in DECEMBER!
Don’t you agree?!
The nip in the air always calls for a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate along with some baked goodies. Can you imagine holding this Persian rose flavoured biscotti; light and wonderfully aromatic with a cup of your favourite drink. Bliss!!!
I call this PERSIAN LOVE BISCOTTI as this is inspired by the amazing Persian love cake. This luxurious biscotti will enchant you with it’e exotic flavours of rosewater, pistachios, cardamom and lemon. This rose-scented biscotti is stunningly delicious and simple to make. Easy to please your loved one with this recipe!
What are the ingredients used for Persian love biscottis?
The ingredients used are easily available
- All Purpose Flour/Whole wheat flour
- Almond Flour
- Light brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking Soda
- Cardamom powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Free range Large eggs
- Rose water
- Vanilla Extract
- Lamon juice
How to make Persian Rose Pistachio Biscotti?
It is absolutely easy to make.
Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees and lining a baking tin with parchment paper. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
In another bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric whisk. Beat until light and fluffy. Then whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, rose water and lemon juice and mix. Now add the dry ingredients and mix with spatula until combined.
Now using floured hands, shape the dough into 15inch x 3inch loaf on the the parchment paper. bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let the loaf sit for about 10-15 minutes or so or until cool enough to handle.
Next decrease the heat of the oven to 150 C. Transfer the loaf to a work surface and using a serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2inch to 3/4inch wide slices. Arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for another 25-30 minutes, turning once. bake until it looks nice golden brown and toasted.
Let the rose pistachio biscotti cool right on the cookie sheet. Store it in an air tight container. They will keep up to 6 weeks or they can last for many months in the freezer.
Here are few Biscotti & Cookies recipes that you can try.
Persian Love Biscotti (Rose Pistachio Biscotti)
Persian Love Biscotti (Rose Pistachio Biscotti)
- Large bowl
- baking tin
- baking/parchment paper
- 250 grams All purpose flour / Maida
- 50 grams Almond flour
- 150 grams Golden Brown Sugar (arnd 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup Pistachio chopped
- 2 large Eggs
- 75 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Rose water
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer or in your stand mixer beat the sugar and butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract and continue to beat on low until combined.
- Add the chopped pistachios and cardamom powder and flour to the butter-egg mixture.
- Slowly stir with a spatula to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Now using floured hands, shape the dough into 15inch x 3inch loaf on the the parchment paper.
- Now bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let the loaf sit for about 10-15 minutes or so or until cool enough to handle.
- Now decrease the heat of the oven to 150 C.
- Transfer the loaf to a work surface and using a serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2inch to 3/4inch wide slices.
- Arrange the slices on the large cookie sheet. Bake for another 25-30 minutes turning once. bake until it looks nice golden brown and toasted.
- Let the biscotti cool right on the cookie sheet.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container, they will keep up to 6 weeks or they can last for many months in the freezer.
- You may adjust the amounts of rose water and cardamom as per taste.
I hope you enjoy this Persian Love Biscotti (Rose Pistachio Biscotti) as much as we do!
Stay Positive! Stay Safe!