Cardamom and Pistachio Biscotti, these cardamom flavoured twice baked delicious Italian biscuits are crispy and crunchy, studded with loads of pistachios. Cardamom and Pistachio Biscotti are perfect to dunk in you tea or coffee. These Italian cookies also makes a wonderful homemade Christmas gift for friends and family!
I love my caffeine whether tea or coffee. But most importantly I love my biscuits or cookies to dunk in my tea or coffee. These oblong shaped Italian cookies are perfect for Dunking!!
My day undoubtedly begins with a cup of ginger tea with few biscuits or rusks. But, sometimes I do get bored of the same old store bought biscuits. So I try to create and bake cookies or rusks or biscotti as per my taste and liking.
This cardamom and pistachio biscotti is absolutely delicious. As the biscotti is baking in the oven, your house will be filled with the aroma and fragrance of the cardamom. I simply love this spice as it gives such an amazing dimension to any food it is added to. These Italian cookies are loaded with healthy and nutty pistachios which imparts an amazing flavour and crunch to this biscotti. And as biscotti are twice baked, we the life span of these cookies are longer that any other cookies and can be kept in an air tight container for weeks and enjoyed for long time.
Cardamom and pistachio biscotti as Homemade edible gifts..
Christmas is just around the corner and I am so excited. Its my favourite time of the year. Its baking season and I am definitely on a baking spree. How about you?!
Christmas time is all about catching up with friends old and new and spend quality time with them. As our family is back in India our friends here have become more like a family to us. So its always special.
I love the concept of homemade gifts. Homemade gifts are always so special as they are made with love. I always prefer homemade gifts rather than store bought. I love making edible gifts like cookies, chutneys, cakes, biscuits, biscotti oh the list is endless. And these cardamom and pistachio biscotti will make an wonderful and sweet gift for your friends and family!!
Pistachio and cardamom biscotti are extremely simple to make. You can make it a bit more festive more Christmasy by adding chopped dried cranberries to this biscotti along with the pistachios.
Here is another festive biscotti recipe Cranberry Orange and Macadamia Nuts Biscotti with White Chocolate.
So peeps without wasting anymore time just go into the kitchen and make these wonderful biscotti. Treat yourself and your friends and family to these super easy and delicious Cardamom and pistachio biscotti.
Cardamom and Pistachio Biscotti | How to make Italian Pistachio and cardamom Biscotti | Easy Biscotti recipe
- 275 grams All Purpose Flour plus extra flour for hands
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 75 grams Unsalted butter (approx 5 tbsp, room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pistachio roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder freshly ground
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175˚ C. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer or in your stand mixer beat the sugar and butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract and continue to beat on low until combined.
- Add the chopped pistachios and cardamom powder stir until well distributed.
- Now add the flour mixture half cup at a time to the butter-egg mixture and slowly stir with a spatula to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Now using floured hands, shape the dough into 15inch x 3inch loaf on the the parchment paper.
- Now bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the loaf sit for about 10-15 minutes or so or until cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the loaf to a work surface and using a serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2inch to 3/4inch wide slices.
- Now decrease the heat of the oven to 150 C.
- Arrange the slices on the large cookie sheet. Bake for another 25-30 minutes or until it looks nice golden brown and toasted.
- Let the biscotti cool right on the cookie sheet.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container, they will keep up to 6 weeks or they can last for many months in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy these Cardamom and Pistachio cookies as much as we do!