Thandai Cake Rusk is a twice baked buttery and aromatic homemade sweet toast biscuit with a floral and slightly sweet flavour. This thandai cake rusk makes a perfect accompaniment with Chai or coffee. Follow step by step recipe to make this easy cake rusk at home.
Hope you all had a wonderful HOLI!!
What do you do with your left over thandai powder?
Well I make these delicious thandai flavoured cake rusk. How can I not make something that I love and eat everyday.
My love for Indian rusks have no bound. They are light and so perfect to snack on any time of the day. But these light as air, double baked biscuits are devoured with tea. Tea and rusk is like the best combination ever.
Thandai powder is made with aromatic Indian spices and nuts along with fragrant dried rose petals. If you don’t have any left over powder, here is the recipe to make thandai at home.
What are the ingredients used for thandai cake rusk?
It’s a very pantry loving recipe. All the ingredients I am sure is easily available at home.
- All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- Baking Powder
- Baking soda
- Thandai powder recipe
- Pinch of salt
- Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar/granulated sugar
- Eggs free range
- Vanilla Extract
Here are few recipes that you can try.
Thandai Cake Rusk recipe
Thandai Cake Rusk Recipe
- Large bowl
- baking/parchment paper
- large baking tin
- Hand held electric whisk
- 150 grams All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp Thandai powder recipe link below
- Pinch of salt
- 110 grams Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar/ granulated sugar
- 3 large Eggs free range
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 115 grams Butter soft, at room temperature
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the 8 inch square baking tin by brushing it with some oil and lining with a parchment/baking paper.
- In a bowl sift in together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar together and beat it with a hand whisk until light and fluffy and pale.
- Now add in the eggs, one at a time and beating after each addition of egg until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Add the flour , thandai powder along with the vanilla extract and with a spatula fold everything together. (If you think the batter is too dry add a tsp of milk and fold it lightly.)
- Now slowly pour the thick batter in the prepared baking tin and smoothen it slowly with the spatula.
- Bake it in the oven for 22-30 minutes. Check it after 22 minutes by inserting a tooth pick. When you Insert a toothpick to it will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 150°c. Line a large rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Now cut the cake into 3/4 inch strips. Place the cake rusk on the baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool complete on a cooling rack.
- Store it in an airtight container for 2 weeks. Enjoy!!
I hope you enjoy this Funfetti Thandai Eggless Biscuitsas much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!