Chocolate Ginger Whole Wheat Biscotti are crunchy, delicious and twice baked Italian cookies flavoured with crystallised ginger. This holiday season bake this amazing chocolate ginger biscotti for your loved ones to go with some coffee or hot chocolate.
Hello! Happy 1st of DECEMBER!! Can you believe it’s already the last month of 2019? 😱
But this sure is my favourite month of the year. For, I can indulge in some amazing bakes and drinks and hot chocolate without any guilt. Let have a look at one of of my favourite biscotti that I love to indulge in during this time of the year.
Chocolate and ginger ia such a phenomenal and soothing combination. And one of my favourites, especially during this colder days. Few more chocolate-ginger recipes coming your way this season from my kitchen. So stay tuned!
Ginger adds so much warmth and heat to this chocolate whole wheat biscotti. During cold chilly day all I find so much comfort in a cup of hot cocoa and this biscotti. It really soothes and warms up your body and soul.
Ingredients used to make Chocolate Ginger Biscotti
Not many ingredients are used to make this delicious and healthy biscotti. Let’s check out the list below.
- Whole Wheat flour (you can used all purpose flour/plain flour)
- Cocoa powder (I used dark Callebaut cocoa powder)
- Crystallised Ginger (I m sure you will find this amazing ingredient in your nearest store)
- Golden Caster sugar (feel free to use white caster sugar or sweetener)
- Unsalted Butter
- Free range large eggs
- Baking Soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
Crystallised Ginger does all the magic in this chocolate biscotti recipe. It’s such a spicy treat. Excellent to nibble on in this cold weather too.
SO without wasting any time lets take a look below how to make this easy biscotti.
Here are few recipes that you can try this holiday season.
Chocolate Ginger Biscotti
Chocolate Ginger Whole Wheat Biscotti | Chocolate Crystallised Ginger Italian Biscotti
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Seratted knief
- 250 gms Whole wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 25 gms Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 150 gms Golden Caster Sugar (natural & unrefined)
- 75 gms Butter room temperature
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Crystallised Ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl with add the butter and sugar and with a hand beater or stand mixer beat the sugar and butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract and continue to beat on low until just combined.
- Now add the chopped crystallised ginger and dark chocolate chips stir until well distributed.
- Add the flour mixture half cup at a time to the butter-egg mixture and slowly stir with a spatula to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Divide it into 2 parts and make it into 2 equal sized loaf. Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Let the loaf cool slightly or until cool enough to handle. Transfer the loaf to a work surface and using a serrated knife, then cut logs on diagonal into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch wide slices.
- Now decrease the heat of the oven to 150° C.
- Arrange the slices on the large cookie sheet and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until it looks nice toasted. Let the biscotti cool on the cookie sheet.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container, they will keep up to 6 weeks.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Chocolate Crystallised Ginger Italian Cookies as much as we do!