Indian Cake Rusk or Indian biscotti is a twice baked buttery, crunchy and light as air cardamom flavoured rusks, the perfect accompaniment to tea or coffee. Indian tea time is incomplete without cake rusks. Follow Step by step recipe to make bakery style cake rusk at home.
The quote “But First Tea” truly applies for me, as the first thing thing I need to start my day is a cup of kadak chai and along with that I need a super crunchy, buttery and delicious cake rusk to dip in my tea and enjoy.
Yeah!! I am that kinda person who loves to dip biscuits in her tea and I am not ashamed at all. Haha!!!
What about you??
Back to my Cake rusk or you can also call it Indian biscotti. Since you know it is a lock down here, I am unable to visit my local Indian grocery store to get my fav cake rusks, then what!!
When craving strikes very hard, you start making your own rusks at home. I add a little cardamom in mine as I love the elaichi flavour a little too much. Since last 2 months I have been making my own supplies. And guess what guys these firm cake rusk is surprisingly simple to make and tastes even better that the store bought ones.
This twice baked cardamom flavoured Indian cake rusk is absolutely moreish and paired with a cup of tea is just divine. You know what I am saying!!
This used to be my favourite tea time biscuit since for ever. I remember having a large canister filled with rusks at home which dad used to bring from the local groceries. Every morning I relished on at least 1-2 along with my milk (Well I never got any tea then) or sometimes as it is, and why not this light rusks are mildly sweet and buttery and crunchy. What’s not to love?!
Here are few recipes that you can try.
Indian Rusk Recipe
Cake Rusk | How to make cake rusk bakery style
- 100 grams All Purpose Flour/ Maida sifted
- 50 grams Whole Wheat Flour/ Atta sifted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 110 grams Golden caster sugar/ white caster sugar/granulated sugar
- 3-4 Green Cardamom (seeds from 3 pods)
- 3 large Eggs free range
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 110 grams Butter room temperature
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the 8 inch square baking tin or you can also use 2 loaf tins by brushing it with some oil and lining with a parchment/baking paper.
- In a bowl sift in together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt and keep it aside.
- Now add the caster sugar/granulated sugar along with the cardamom seeds in a mixer grinder and ground it together until powder.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar together and beat it with a hand whisk until light and fluffy and pale.
- Now add in the eggs, one at a time and beating after each addition of egg until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Add the flour mixture along with the vanilla extract and with a spatula fold everything together. (If you think the batter is too dry add a tsp of milk and fold it lightly.)
- Now slowly pour the thick batter in the prepared baking tin and smoothen it slowly with the spatula.
- Bake it in the oven for 22-30 minutes. Check it after 22 minutes by inserting a tooth pick. When you Insert a toothpick to it will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 150°c.
- Line a large rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Now cut the cake into 3/4 inch strips.
- Place the cake rusk on the baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool complete on a cooling rack.
- Store it in an airtight container for 2 weeks. Enjoy!!
I hope you enjoy this Cake Rusks as much as we do!
Stay Positive! Stay Safe!