Orange Cardamom Spiced Hot Chocolate is seriously rich and silky smooth hot chocolate. This hot chocolate is perfectly spiced with a hint of orange and cardamom. Cozy up this winter with a delicious mug filled with an ultimate comfort drink orange cardamom hot chocolate to warm your body and soul.
As the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting extremely colder, warm drinks and cozy blankets is all I need. And there is nothing else that can fix this winter blues like the Orange cardamom spiced Hot chocolate can.
Hot chocolate is Happiness in a mug. And it is always the best when it is homemade.
As the winter dawns upon us, I like to experiment and play around with different flavours of hot chocolate. Yup! every evening I try to alter the flavours of hot chocolate to surprise myself and my pallet.
Different flavoured homemade hot chocolate for my holiday season. Yay!! There are so many variations I have tried, be it mocha hot chocolate, nutella hot chocolate, cinnamon hot chocolate, BOOZEY hot chocolate (hehe.. let me know if you are interested).. here is the recipe of my delicious Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate with Nutella Sauce. So delicious guys. You should definitely try this.
Why orange cardamom hot chocolate?
Lately, I have been using oranges and cardamom in everything possible. In other words, I am obsessed with this combo. If you are following me on instagram you will know that few weeks back I had made an orange cardamom cake. The recipe of which, by the way I will post pretty soon.
Back to this luscious and intensely aromatic hot chocolate. Seriously guys this hot chocolate smells so festive. The cozy smell of Christmas comes to live with this dreamy and creamy drink.
10 minutes is all you need to make this hot chocolate. Then you can sit with your loved once, gossiping or watching your favourite show sipping on this indulgent hot chocolate.
Orange and Cardamom Spiced Rich and Thick Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups Whole milk
- 3/4 cup Dark chocolate/milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 5-6 tbsp Sugar or as per taste
- 3-4 Green cardamom crushed
- 1 Orange (use a vegetable peeler to remove just the outer (orange) part of the rind — try to avoid getting any of the white pith underneath)
- In 1/4th cup of cold milk and add the cocoa powder and whisk it well into a smooth thick cocoa paste.
- In a small pot and add the milk, crushed cardamom, orange peel, cocoa paste and mix well. Put it on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Heat the milk until it starts to steam, and small bubbles appear around the edges of the pot. Keep on stirring frequently to keep the milk from scorching on the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a simmer, and heat for one minute, stirring, so the milk doesn’t form a skin. Toss in the dark chocolate and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted. Whisk until smooth Remove from heat.
- Now Place a strainer over the bowl and pour the milk through to remove the cardamom and orange peel.
- Serve it in your favourite mug with loads of marshmallows or other toppings as desired.
I hope you enjoy the Orange Cardamom Hot Chocolate Drink as much as I do!
Bon Appetit & Happy Holidays !!!