Radish Stir Fry With Prawns (Chingri Maach diye Mulo Bhaja) is a delicious stir fry that that is easy, quick and on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes. Perfect with hot steaming rice or rotis.
You must be wondering “Why so much Mooli (radish) recipe recently?”
Well, the truth is, last week I happen to buy 2 large radishes from the Indian store. I had something else in mind while buying these gorgeous moolis. I was craving for some mooli ke parathe. But you know what I hate the most about making mooli ka paratha.. yup! its grating the radish. I find it too tedious. Don’t you??
I would have made it too, but last week I was under the weather and had absolutely no energy to do all the tedious grating job.
Just 2 days back I posted a Yellow split pea dal with radish (mulo diye matar dal). A luscious and thick yellow split pea dal cooked with radish and tempered with Indian 5 spice (panch phoron). Oh-so delicious and perfect with hot steaming rice or roti.
And then I made this yummy quick Radish Stir Fry With Prawns (Chingri Maach diye Mulo Bhaja) which was ready with in less than 30 minutes and served it as a side dish with some rice and dal. Ahh!! bliss!
It is delicious, simple and easy to make and obviously when you are down with fever an great dish to make as it can be prepared within under 30 minutes.
I like to serve this mooli stir fry with hot steaming rice and dal or with Indian flat bread.
Radish Stir Fry With Prawns (Chingri Maach diye Mulo Bhaja)
- 1 large White Radish washed, peeled and finely cubed
- 1 large Onion Chopped
- 10-12 Prawns plump and juicy
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder plus extra 1/2 tsp for marinating the prawns
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chilli broken
- 3 tbsp Oil (veg/sunflower)
- 1/2 tsp sugar optional
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup Coriander finely chopped
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder for few mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan or kadhai add the prawns and fry for few mins until colour change. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add chopped onions and fry until the onions are pinkish and translucent. Now toss in the cubed radish or mooli or mulo and sauté.
- Add green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently till the mooli is cooked through.
- Now add the fried prawns to the mooli and continue cooking for further 5 mins.
- Check the seasoning, add salt and sugar if needed.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and give a final mix and remove from the heat.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.
I hope you enjoy this Radish Stir Fry (Mulo Chingri bhaja) as much as we do!