Green Beans Stir fry with Egg is a healthy and delicious stir fry that can be prepared with in 15 minutes. Stir fried green beans with onion, green chillies and eggs make a quick and easy side dish with roti as well as rice.
Today, I am recreating my childhood favourite green beans recipe. th This is how I have seen Ma prepare this lush veggie for the family and this is how we still like to have it, with eggs. Love the way the beans are cut, i.e. diagonally for this particular recipe. Ma never liked it cut any other way.
The best thing is this stir fry can be made well within 15 minutes. The time consuming part in this recipe is cutting the beans, so to make my work easier and quicker, I use sharp scissor to cut the beans diagonally.
Beans don’t take up much time to cook. Make your weeknight meals wholesome and yummy with this super quick stir fry.
To me it is a comfort food when eaten with hot steaming rice and dal. Just so yummy and tasty. Well it pairs well with rotis as well. My little fellow has taken after his mama and enjoys this delicious dish too with rice.
What ingredients are used to make green beans stir fry with egg?
All basic ingredients are used to make this quick stir fry.
- Green beans
- Green chillies
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin powder
- Dried red chilli
- Cumin seeds
- Veg/Sunflower oil
Let’s check out the detailed recipe below.
Here are few stir fry recipes that you can try.
Green Beans Fry with Egg Recipe
Green Beans Stir fry with Eggs
- large thick bottomed pan
- 200 grams Green beans ends trimmed and cut diagonally to 1-2cm slices
- 1 medium Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Dried red chilli
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai or thick bottomed pan on medium high heat, when hot temper it with dried red chilli and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add in the sliced onions and saute the onions until soft and translucent.
- Now toss in the green beans and mix saute for
- Add green chillies, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt and mix everything well. Lower the heat to medium low and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring frequently until the beans are soft and cooked through.
- Now crack open an egg in the centre of the pan along with a pinch of salt and mix it well with the beans.
- Cook for another 1-2 minute until the egg is cooked through.
- Serve it hot with roti or as a side with rice and dal.
I hope you enjoy this delicious eggless Green beans stir fry as much as we do!