Coconut Lime Chicken Tenders is crispy and juicy chicken strips cooked to perfection in my Ninja Foodi air fryer. Prepare this guilt free chicken tenders with a mild coconutty tangy sauce in no time by following this easy recipe.
Weekend is here and so is one of my favourite quick and easy appetiser. These chicken tenders are absolutely easy to prepare and the best part is it is air fried and not deep fried making it completely guilt free.
I have had my air fryer for a few days now. Seriously, I am obsessed with it now and have made various items and they were all a hit with friends and family. From air fried aubergine (begun bhaja) to potato fries to these chicken tenders; they were all super hit. Healthy tasty and so delicious.
As you all know I am old fashioned and too much into deep frying rather than baking or broiling. But my NINJA FOODI literally changed my mind.
Let’s talk about this coconut lime chicken tenders. I always thought deep frying gave the best end result crispy and crunchy. But after air frying these beauties I have to tell you I am converted. These chicken tender were crispy on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside. Just PERFECT! My friends did not believe me that these tenders were air fried. They were as good as deep fried. So tasty!
And the coconut lime sauce is to die for. It is sweet, tangy with a slight kick from the chilli flakes. Just so good I literally licked the bowl clean. It takes just 5 minutes to make the sauce. After air frying the chicken tenders just toss it well in the sauce and serve immediately.
Can we bake chicken tenders in an oven?
Of course can! You can spray them with some oil and bake them at 200 degrees C for 8-10 mins (depending on the size) each side or until golden brown and crispy.
You can also deep fry them as I would normally do. Just follow the same process and deep fry in the end.
Here are few recipes that you can try in an air fryer.
Coconut Lime Chicken Tenders
Coconut Lime Chicken Tenders | Air Fryer Coconut Lime Chicken strips
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
- 500 grams Boneless chicken thighs or Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cups Golden bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped fo garnishing
Coconut lime sauce
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (or as per taste)
- 2 large Garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 inch Ginger, finely grated
- Salt as per taste
Air fryer Chicken tenders
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and lime juice and keep it aside.
- Take flour in a separate bowl. Whisk the eggs along with coconut milk and pinch of salt in another bowl. Lastly add the bread crumbs, desiccated coconut in another bowl along with some salt and pepper and keep it aside.
- Now dip chicken in flour one at a time, then egg mixture, and finally in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Continue with the rest of the tenders and place them on a plate.
- Now place the chicken tenders in batches in the basket of air fryer, being sure to not overcrowd it. Spray the tops of chicken with cooking spray and cook at 200°C for 4 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, spray the tops with more cooking spray and cook 4 minutes more. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders. once they are done placed them on a cooking rack as it keeps them crispy both sides and don’t get soggy at the bottom.
- Continue with the rest of the chicken tenders. Meanwhile we get the coconut lime sauce ready.
Coconut Lime Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp butter. Add garlic and ginger. Cook until garlic is light golden about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and cook for 15-20 seconds until it becomes a caramel. Then stir in chilli flakes.
- Then stir in chilli flakes.
- Add coconut milk and lime zest and stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet to dissolve any bits stuck on the base into the sauce.
- Stir in the lime juice to taste. Adjust salt and sugar to taste .
- Once the sauce is ready, add the crispy air fried chicken tenders and toss in the sauce well, so that they are coated well.
- Serve it immediately.
I hope you enjoy this Air fryer Coconut Lime Chicken Tenders as much as we do.
Stay safe! Stay Positive!