KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips are crispy and crunchy vegetable nuggets that is loaded with paneer and a cheesy surprise inside. Perfect dish to sneak in vegetables in your kids diet.
Hope you are all well.
Back with another super yummy and crispy vegetable nuggets recipe.
I am very thankful that my little one is not very fussy about food and eats everything I give him. Yes from lentils, veggies, pasta, rice, noodles.. everything. But the fruit department is a bit like me (not very fond of fruits or sweets). He likes spicy food so I really do not have to cook anything separately for him. Such a blessing!!
But some days he does give me a hard time, toddler afterall. So I hop on to make this crispy and crunchy nuggets which I know he loves. And what not to love it is immensely delicious and fried after all. KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips is loaded with various spiced vegetables like potato, bell pepper, carrots, corns, green peas and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with melting cheese inside. Oh so good!!
You can also try these recipes.
Mumbai Pav Bhaji in Instant Pot
Aloor Chop (Bengali Alur Chop)
Macher Chop Bengali Style (Fish Croquettes)
Punjabi Samosa | How to make Perfect Samosa
KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips
KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips | Vegetable nuggets
- 200 gms Paneer grated
- 300 gms Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 medium Carrots grated
- 1 small Bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas boiled (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Sweet corn boiled (optional)
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1-2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1-2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Aamchur
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Oil
- Cheddar cheese cubes for stuffing
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
For the slurry
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2-3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Crispy Coating
- 3/4 cup Golden Bread crumbs (Store bought)
- 1/2 cup Corn Flakes Crushed
- Add 1 tsp oil in a skillet. When hot add chopped chillies and ginger and saute for 10 seconds.
- Next add chopped onion and bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes and take it off the gas.
- In a large bowl add the mashed potatoes, grated carrot, peas, sweet corn, paneer, chilli powder, aamchur, chaat masala, garam masala, fried onion-bell pepper, coriander and salt.
- Mix and mash with hands properly and keep it aside.
- Now divide the mixture the mixture into 12-14 balls. Then take one ball and add cheese in the center.
- And now shape them into rectangular nuggets.
- Cover with a cling film and refrigerate it for 30 minutes to one hour to firm up.
- Now make the slurry by mixing all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper and water into a thin slurry. Now dip the nugget in the slurry.
- Mix bread crumbs and finely crushed cornflakes together.
- Coat it well with bread crumbs.
- Now deep fry in the oil in batches.
- Fry it until golden brown and serve it hot.
I hope you enjoy this delicious KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
angiesrecipesJune 29, 2020
They look so crunchy and tempting!
[email protected] BongJuly 1, 2020
Thank you Angie!!!