Chicken Clear Soup is one of the healthiest and simplest recipe ever. This Chicken clear soup is made with chicken, lots of vegetables and few Chinese sauces. It is a baby/kid friendly soup too.
Hello my lovely friends!!
Last few days I was down with cold and flu and was not in my best form. If it was me before a baby, I would sit or sleep on my bed or couch with my tissues on one hand and tv remote on the other. Order some spicy takeaway n relax.
But now with a curious little baby and hubby away on work tours, I don’t have the luxury to relax. I needed something that will cure me super soon and keep me sane. This Chicken Clear soup came to my rescue. Chicken clear soup recipe really helped me cure super soon. It relaxed my throat, my body and gave me strength. A bowl full of warmth and comfort.
Kid friendly soup
I give this soup to my little one too. Totally kid friendly soup. Healthy and delicious. Chicken clear soup keeps them hydrated and warm when they are sick and refuse to eat anything given.
And the fun part is this chicken clear soup can be prepare well under 30 minutes. And is completely hassle free. It can be made with both boneless chicken or chicken with bones. And vegetables like onions, carrots, beans and spring onions. You can totally add vegetables of your choice.
Another Healthy Stew or broth recipe that I make quite often for my family is this
I have a vegetarian stew recipe as well which you can try
Chicken Clear Soup Indo Chinese Style
- large pot /pressure cooker
- 200 grams Chicken (with bones or boneless cut into small pieces)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 small Carrot chopped
- 10-15 Green beans chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger chopped
- 2-3 Spring onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Vinegar (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Black peppercorn freshly cracked
- 1 tsp Veg oil/Sunflower oil
- 3-4 cups Water
- Heat oil in a large pot or pressure cooker on medium flame, then add chopped ginger and garlic and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté for a minute or until translucent.
- Toss in the chicken and fry for a minute or until it is no longer pink.
- Add carrots and beans, salt, pepper along with soya sauce or vinegar if using. mix every thing well.
- Now add water and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. (If using pressure cooker cook on medium-low for 10 to 15 minutes).
- If using chicken with bones then simply take out the chicken from the soup and shred it. Discard the bones and add the shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Garnish with some spring onion greens and serve it hot.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Chicken Clear Soup as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your wonderful creations. If you have tried this recipe, simply click a picture and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram.
What do you think?