Chicken Hakka Noodles is a popular Indian street food. Chinese hakka noodles is a quick stir fry of boiled noodles with chicken, lots of veggies and Chinese sauces. This hakka noodles makes a quick and healthy and wholesome mid week meal on its own. Make it an Indo-Chinese meal by serving this noodles with chilli chicken or any Chinese side of your choice.Jump to Recipe
Hello my lovely friends!!!
A new week, a new day and a new super easy Hakka noodles recipe. Make your favourite Chinese noodles at home with this step by step hakka noodles recipe.
What is Hakka Noodles??
It is simply a quick noodles stir fry with lots of vegetables and chicken or eggs or prawns along with very few Chinese sauces like soya sauce, vinegar and chilli sauce(optional). You can use vegetables of your choice. I used green beans, mixed peppers, carrots, onions and spring onions. You can also add thinly shredded cabbage to your noodles.
This Chicken hakka noodles makes a perfect week night meal as it comes together very fast and is extremely delicious. If you have pre-cut veggies from the super store then 15 minutes is all you need yo make this delicious noodles.
Why get Chinese food delivered at home when you can make your own hakka noodles at home. This hakka noodles is even better that Chinese take out. Trust me!!
How to make Hakka noodles?
Chinese food is basically cooked in a wok on a very high heat. And it takes very little time to cook Chinese recipes.
That is why before you start making this noodles recipe it is best if you have kept your vegetables and meat and sauces ready.
Another important thing is to cut your veggies and chicken very small or thinly or julienned, so that they get cooked faster while stir frying.
Chicken noodles is one of our go to weeknight meals. It is heathy and wholesome on it own. It is a perfect balance of carbs and proteins and fibre. Balanced meal!
Even my little boy loves it. It is totally kid friendly too. You just have to go easy on the chillies and the chilli sauce that you add while stir frying.
Check out other Chinese recipes on the blog
Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Wok, pan, kadhai
- 250 grams Hakka Noodles (1 package hakka noodles)
- 150 grams Chicken (boneless breast/thighs) (Cut it into thin stripes)
- 2 large Eggs (beaten with a pinch of oil)
- 1 large Onion thinly sliced
- 1 large Green Pepper or red pepper or mixed thinly sliced lengthwise, julienned
- 1 large Carrot thinly sliced, julienned
- 12-15 Green beans sliced, julienned
- 3-4 large Garlic cloves minced (approx 2 tsp)
- 1 inch Ginger minced (approx 1/2 tsp)
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 2-3 stacks Spring onions thinly sliced
- black pepper powder as per taste
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Veg oil /Sunflower oil
- 2-3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- Heat water in a large pot with some salt and a few drops of oil. When it comes to a boil add the noodles and cook as per instructed in the package. drain and rinse noodles with cold water and keep it aside.
- To prepare the egg Scramble : .Heat a tsp of oil in a wok or pan. Now add the beaten eggs to the pan/wok and cook start folding eggs until thickened and dry. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add the rest of the oil in the pan and heat the pan on high flame until smokey.
- Toss in the minced ginger-garlic and sauté for a few seconds. (do not burn the garlic)
- Now add the thinly sliced onions and stir fry for a minute.
- Toss in the chicken pieces and saute.
- Saute the chicken for 2 mins or until its no longer pink.
- Now add the thinly julienned carrots and beans, chillies along with salt, pepper and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the peppers along with the sauces and sesame oil and stir fry on high flame until the veggies are soft and slightly browned from the edges. Toss constantly.
- Add in the boiled noodles and toss nicely. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until everything comes together.
- Check the seasoning. Add more salt, pepper, soya sauce or vinegar if required.
- Finally stir in the scrambled eggs and spring onions and mix well.
- Serve it hot as it is or with chilli chicken or szechuan chicken for some Indo-Chinese meal.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Indo Chinese Hakka Noodles as much as we do!
If you have tried this recipe, I would love to see your wonderful creation. simply click a picture and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram.
What do you think?