Masala Egg Bhurji Quesadillas (Spicy Indian style Scrambled Egg Quesadillas) is an Indian twist on a popular Mexican dish. Tortilla loaded with spicy Indian style scrambled eggs and cheese makes a super quick midweek lunch or dinner or even as snacks. Perfect dish to entertain family and friends.Jump to Recipe
HOLA my lovely friends!!
Its MAY already!! I can’t believe in exactly 10 days my little bubs will turn 2.
My Goodness! where did the time go!? My precious little boy is growing up so fast. He is such a sweet boy. It really amazes me how he is starting to develop a calm personality. He loves playing around on his own (thank god for that, which gives mamma some time for her blog and experiments). 😃
Indian style Quesadillas
Today’s recipe is all inspired by my little boy.. This is a beautiful fusion of Indian and Mexican popular dish.
Little A loves eggs a lot especially when it is made it with spices and masalas. haha.. just like mamma.. My little spice lover..
So I make egg bhurji for him quite frequently and serve it with bread, pittas or roti or stuff in a tortilla with cheese to make it yummy, filling and wholesome. And he loves it. Not only him, it has become our fav too. Its flavourful and so quick and easy yo make.
I have added some chopped red peppers to the scrambled egg in the end to add a bit of crunch. It is also a perfect dish to entertain guests. Serve it as snacks with some spicy salsa or a simple ketchup and you are good to go.
Fancy Indiansed Quesadillas!! How good does that sound!!
For another style of egg scrambled check out the Parsi style Anda Bhurji (spicy scrambled egg) recipe here that I have shared some time back.
Masala Egg Bhurji Quesadillas (Spicy Scrambled Egg Quesadillas)
- 4-5 large Eggs
- 1 large Onions finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1 red Pepper/capsicum chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely grated
- 1-2 Green chillies Or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- salt as per taste (just remember you are going to add cheese so dont go over board with the salt)
- 2 tbsp veg oil / sunflower Oil/ butter
- 4 large Tortilla wraps I used whole wheat tortilla but sometimes I use home made roti too
- Cheddar cheese (Use any cheese of your choice)
To make the Masala Egg bhurji:
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add the chopped onions and fry till soft and translucent.
- Now add the ginger along with chopped green chillies and sauté it for few minutes.
- Toss in the chopped tomatoes, chilly powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder, salt and let it cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Now break in the eggs and along with the capsicum and keep stirring it continuously until the egg is scrambled.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and take it off the heat.
To make the Quesadillas:
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Add a tortilla to the skillet and add the cheese and the spicy egg bhurji and cover it with another tortilla and press it down well.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is nice and crisp on the out side.
- Take it off the heat and keep it warm, whilst you make the other quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadilla into quarters and serve it hot with ketchup of spicy salsa.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Masala Egg Bhurji Quesadillas (Spicy Scrambled Egg Quesadillas) as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
What do you think?