Today’s recipe is Potato Salad with Chicken, Apple and Pineapple with a slight twist to the Classic Potato salad. A creamy and delicious chunky salad, made with potatoes laden with mayonnaise and sour cream. YUMMM….
This salad can be served as a side dish and is perfect for Summer barbecues and picnics.
I love Potato Salad. Hmmm.. No. I mean everyone loves potato salad, right? But this time I added a little twist to my regular Potato salad preparation.
I decided to add chicken, apple and pineapple to this salad.. I just love the little crunch that it gets from the apples, sweetness and tanginess from the pineapple and the addition of chicken makes my hubby very happy. 😉 I decided to add chilli flakes as it gives a slight kick to the salad which goes perfectly with the sweetness and tanginess of the salad.
This is not one of the healthiest salads 🙂 as the dressing is made with mayonnaise and sour cream. But who cares, sometimes it just feels good to have food for the soul, it is so tasty and so satisfying. And this not a salad we are going to eat on a regular basis.
This salad is such an easy and simple dish. Whenever there is barbecue at home this Potato salad is a must and it is thoroughly loved and enjoyed by all my friends. This is one of my favourite salads too and I enjoy it chilled. 😀
- 450 grams Potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 small Cucumber, cubed
- 1 Apple, cubed
- 3-4 slices pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup Iceburg lettuce, roughly torn into pieces
- 100ml Sour cream
- 75ml Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chilli flakes
- salt as per taste
- In a large sauce pan place the potato pieces covered with water and bring it boil on medium to high heat. then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and let it cool approximately 20-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard. Then add salt and freshly ground pepper and mix everything well.
- Now to this add the prepared potatoes, cucumbers, apples, pineapples, lettuce, chicken and the chilli flakes and gently combine everything together.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Enjoy this salad at room temperature or chilled.
- The chicken is entirely optional, feel free to skip it. Perfect for vegeterians.
- You can also add chopped boiled eggs to the salad.
This is such a fabulous and delicious salad. Give it a try and I am sure you will love it too.. 🙂