Today’s recipe is Roasted Summer Vegetables and Honey-Glazed Sausages with Couscous. This is a versatile and easy recipe, but more than that it tastes super yummy. A lovely colourful Summer dish very filling, very refreshing, full of flavour and very impressive looking too. . 😀
Summer is here and its buzzing. 🙂 and along with it brings so many fresh colourful fruits and vegetables. I bought these fresh summer vegetables from the farmers market and decided to make a roasted vegetable couscous. This is definitely a dish to impress and brilliant when feeding large numbers. Perfect for my vegetarian as well as my non-vegetarian friends. With two trays to vary the sausages this won’t be difficult. It’s easy to prepare ahead and ideal for sharing with friends.
This has become a firm favourite in our house. Made it twice in a row last week. I tipped in sausages with this summer veggies to make a comforting midweek meal. I decided to glaze it with honey and mustard as it gives a them a sweet-savoury stickiness that is impossible to resist and the roasted veggies adds such a lovely flavour to the dish. Hubby absolutely loved it. The honey-mustard sausages tasted so good they went down a treat. absolutely wonderful.
To make the roasted vegetables, I combined beautiful summer vegetables in a large bowl and tossed it with 2 table spoon olive oil, paprika and oregano. I mixed the veggies until it was well coated with the oil and . Then tipped it into a large roasting tray and roasted the veggies for 20-30 minutes or until the veggies are golden brown and soft.
To prepare the couscous pour lightly salted boiling water or stock over couscous. Covered and allowed the couscous to swell for 5 minutes. Then fluffed up the couscous with a fork. You can add garbanzo beans if desired. For my honey-mustard glazed sausages, I whisked together honey, dijon mustard and tossed the sausages ( I used chipolatas pork sausages) in it. Then barbecued the sausages for 8-10 minutes (I used a health grill to grill the sausages). Brush more glaze on the sausages as you cook for more intense flavour. Then layered the roasted vegetables and honey-mustard sausages on top of the couscous.
My veggie friends can also enjoy this wonderful dish simply replace the sausages with Halloumi cheese. It tastes exceptionally well with Halloumi.
Here is another potato salad that you can try.
Potato Salad with Apples and PineApples
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 small butternut Squash
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Courgettes, sliced thickly
- 1 large Red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- salt as required
- 200 grams couscous
- 250ml stock or slightly salted water
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8-10 Pork Chipolatas sausages
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the aubergine in half lengthwise and cut in to thumb-width sized width or you can slice them into half centimetre rounds.
- Pell and cut the butternut squash into one inch chunks.
- In a large bowl mix together olive oil, smoked paprika, oregano and salt. tip in all the vegetables except the cherry tomatoes and mix everything well to coat the vegetables with the oil.
- Place the vegetables in a roasting tray then roast in the oven for 20 minutes. then add the cherry tomatoes and roast for further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are golden brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, tip the couscous into a large bowl, add the chicken stock, cover with cling film and leave for 4-5 minutes. Then fluff up with a fork.
- For the glaze, whisk together the honey and dijon mustard. toss the sausages in the glaze and then barbecue then for 10- 15 minutes or until cooked through, brush the sausages with more glaze when cooking for more intense flavour.
- Now in a large tray, place the couscous then layer it with the roasted vegetables and the top it up with the honey-glazed sausages.
- Garnish with some cilantro and serve..
- You can simply omit the sausages and add halloumi cheese instead.. or simply enjoy the couscous with the roasted summer veggies( it tastes amazing even without meat or cheese).
Roasted Summer Vegetables and Honey-Glazed Sausages with Couscous is fresh, healthy, and perfect for the Summer.
I hope you enjoy this wonderful Roasted Summer Vegetables and Honey-Glazed Sausages with Couscous. 🙂
Love salads? You may also like my Potato salad with Chicken, Apple and Pineapple. You may also like my Summer Pasta- Garlic Prawn Spaghetti with Lemon, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes .
I hope you enjoy this delicious Blueberry Muffin as much as we do!