Chocolate Filter Coffee Fudge Cake is a rich and decadent one bowl fudge cake flavoured with Indian filter coffee and topped with the easiest and tastiest chocolate fudge frosting ever.
Hope all of you are safe and healthy!!
Our weekend indulgence!
Last weekend I was really craving a delicious and moist and decadent chocolate fudge cake with fudge frosting, just like the one we get here in the pubs. Yup, the chocolate fudge cake that is served here in the pubs is just to die for. They slightly warm up the cake before serving it and that results in a yummy melting frosting and serve it with a side of ice cream or fresh whipped cream. YUMMM!!!
So keeping that in mind I made this yuh-mmy chocolate cake with a filter coffee flavour. And it was DELICIOUS. Adding coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavour and make it even more decadent.
The cake as well as the chocolate fudge frosting is not overly sweet. You can adjust the sweetness by increasing or decreasing as per your taste.
What ingredients are used to make Chocolate fudge cake?
A cake recipe with ingredients easily available in your pantry. If you do not have filter coffee just add instant coffee mixed with water or even espresso will do.
- Plain Flour/ All purpose Flour
- Good quality Cocoa powder (I used Callebaut)
- Indian FIlter Coffee Concoction / Instant Coffee/ Espresso
- Free range eggs
- Golden Caster sugar /White caster sugar (I use unrefined and natural sugar)
- Oil (veg/sunflower /coconut)
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Icing sugar
Here are few easy desserts that you can try at home.
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Filter Coffee Fudge Cake
- Large bowl
- Hand held electric whisk
- 8" or 9 " cake pan
- 200 grms All purpose flour/Maida
- 30 gms Cocoa Powder
- 175 gms Unrefined Golden Caster sugar/Light Brown sugar/Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Large Eggs (free range)
- 1/2 cup Oil(Veg/sunflower)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Filter Coffee Concoction or Espresso or Instant coffee mixed with 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Milk
Chocolate Fudge Frosting ingredients
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams Cocoa powder
- 150 grams Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line an 8 inch or 9 inch cake tin with baking paper and brush or spray with oil.
- In a bowl mix in the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and milk and filter coffee concoction.
- In another large bowl whisk in all the dry ingredients together.
- Now pour in the wet ingredients on the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold it until evenly mixed. Do not over mix. It is very important that you do not over stir the batter or it will turn out dry and tough. Stir just very gently and just until the flour is incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and put it in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean and should be golden on the outside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
Chocolate Fudge frosting:
- In a large microwave safe bowl heat the butter until melted. Then add in the cocoa powder and mix it well. Microwave at the lowest setting for another 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Next slowly add in the icing sugar and milk and mix it well until smooth. Let it sit for 5 – 8 minutes until room temperature.
- Now with a hand held electric whisk beat it well until fluffy.
- You can cut the cake in half and add a thin layer of the fudge frosting if you wish. Or you can can directly slather the cake with the fudge frosting on the top just like how I did it. Decorate with m&m's or any chocolate you desire.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Filter Coffee Fudge Cake as much as we do.