Churros are classic and super delicious Mexican fritters. These homemade heart shaped churros are deep fried dough that is crispy-crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. This homemade churros recipe is very easy to make with in 30 minutes with just 6 ingredients. Trust me!
VALANTINE’S DAY is just 2 days away!!
Need any last minute Valentines day dessert idea for your loved ones??
Then look no further..
This warm homemade crispy, sugary and cinnamony heart shaped CHURROS dunked in chocolate makes a perfectly romantic V day dessert.
And why not?!
It is deep fried fritters and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Yuh-mmmmmmyy. To make it more romantic, shape them into this heart shaped churros, and serve them with thick chocolate sauce or caramel or dulce de leche. Heavenly!!
Do you need a little bit more convincing..
This homemade churros recipe is soooper easy to prepare and is made with just 6 basic pantry loving ingredients with in 30 minutes. Yes you hear me right!!
Isn’t that amazing?!
What is churros?
Churros is a Mexican or Spanish street snack. They are basically pastry dough filled in a piping bag with a star nozzle (in my case I used wilt on 1M nozzle) or a churro machine and deep fried until its crisp and golden on the outside and deliciously soft fluffy on the inside. Then it is rolled in cinnamon sugar and enjoyed hot.
Churros are best enjoyed hot and fresh.
Can I make the churro dough ahead?
Yes, of course you can. Make the churro dough and store it in an air tight container in refrigerator. It keeps well for 3 days.
Here are few dessert recipes that you can try.
Homemade Mexican Churros
Homemade Mexican Churros Recipe | Mexican fritters
- large sauce pan
- Large bowl
- deep frying pan
- Electric whisk / wooden spoon
- pastry bag and star nozzle
For the dough
- 125 grams Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 185 grams Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt (skip it if using salted butter)
- 3 Eggs
- Oil for deep frying
For the Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
To make the cinnamon sugar
- In a plate add the sugar and cinnamon and give a good mix. keep it aside.
TO make the churros
- In a large saucepan place butter, sugar, water, cinnamon on medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium-low and add the flour slowly and stir it constantly with a spatula.
- Stir it until the pastry dough comes together and it is smooth with no lumps.
- Now transfer it in a large bowl and let it cool for 5-6 minutes or until warm to touch.
- Meanwhile heat oil for frying in skillet over medium heat. The oil is of right temperature when a small piece of churro dough when dropped into oil comes up immediately.
- Then break in one egg at a time and with an electric hand whisk, mix it allowing to incorporate the egg before adding the next one.
- Blend until mixture comes together and is smooth (it will separate at first but keep mixing it will come together).
- Now spoon the dough into pastry bag fitted with star tip. (I used wilton 1M)
- To make the star shaped churro, squeeze a heart shaped dough on a parchment paper.
- Then slowly lift it with a flat spatula and drop it in the hot oil. or carefully pipe the mixture into preheated oil, into about 5 to 6inch lengths, cut end with scissors. DO not over crowd the pan.
- Let them fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer it to paper towels for a minute.
- Then transfer them cinnamon sugar mixture and roll them so they are evenly coat.
- Serve them hot with chocolate sauce or caramel.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Homemade heart shaped Churros as much as we do.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!