One-Pot Paneer Pineapple Rice is a blend of sweet and savoury flavours with a slight kick from the siracha and crunch from the cashew nuts. 30-minutes is all you need to whip up this healthy and wholesome one-pot rice recipe, which make a lovely weeknight meal.
I hope all of you are safe and sound. This covid-19 is getting worse day by day and people everywhere have started advocating self distancing, that is staying home. Which at some point creeps up to you as you can’t meet your friends, your loved ones, your everyday life is totally hampered. But that is for the best. Like everything this phase shall pass soon hopefully and everything will get back to normal.
Until then everyone stay safe, stay strong!!!
Now back to this amazing, quick and delicious one pot recipe. This protein rich rice dish is loaded with paneer, pineapples, cashew nuts and veggies which hits the right chords everytime.
It has a tang and sweetness from the pineapples, slight spiciness from the siracha. Slight crunchiness from the cashew nuts. So all together it is a fantastic combination that you can not resist. And it is a ONE-POT meal.
I have used store bought frozen chopped vegetables which consists of beans, carrots, green peas and sweet corn to make my work much quicker. You can use any vegetable you desire.
If lactose intolerant or vegan then substitute paneer for tofu. You will get yummy results with both.
Here are few rice recipes that you can try.
Bhuni Khichuri (Bhoger Khichuri)
One Pot Coconut Rice with Prawns
Chinese Five Spice Chicken Fried Rice
One-Pot Paneer Pineapple Rice
One-Pot Paneer Pineapple Rice
- Pressure cooker/large pan with tight lid/ instant pot
- 150 grams Paneer /Cottage Cheese cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 20-22 Cashew nuts
- 1 1/2 cup Mixed veggies (I used frozen peas, carrot, beans and sweet corn) chopped
- 2 cups Uncooked long grain rice washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (you can increase or decrease the amount as per your liking)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- Handful of coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in a large deep pan on medium high heat. When hot add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add in the chopped vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Next toss in the paneer, cashew nuts and pineapple chunks and mix it well with the veggies.
- Stir in the soya sauce and the sriracha and salt with the veggies.
- Now add the drained rice and mix everything well saute for 10-20 few seconds.
- Pour 4 cups of hot water and bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve it hot with fried eggs and more hot sauce if desired.
I hope you enjoy this delicious One-Pot Paneer Pineapple Rice as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
angiesrecipesMarch 18, 2020
So delicious with that runny egg :-))
[email protected] BongMarch 18, 2020
Thank you Angie.. This was a quick and delicious recipe.. ❤️