Ajwaini Paneer Tikka Recipe is a popular Indian appetizer that can be prepare in a jiffy to entertain guests. Soft Paneer is marinated in yogurt and spices along with one magical ingredient “ajwain/carom seeds” which adds a burst of flavours to this dish. This is the best Paneer Tikka Recipe you will ever need.
Paneer tikka is one of the most popular and most ordered vegetarian Indian starter/appetizer all around the world. It is basically cooked in a tandoor, but you can broil/grill these tikkas in the oven or even fry it on the stove top. It can also be cooked over a bbq, which adds a lovely smoky flavour to the tikkas.
This beautifully flavoured paneer literally melts in the mouth when cooked perfectly. But be careful, overcooking these can make the paneer chewy and tough.
The ingredients used to marinade these paneer tikka are all basic and definitely present in your pantry, except for paneer. If you can not find paneer/cottage cheese in the stores nearby simply make your own by following the simple steps shared in homemade paneer recipe.
SO let’s jump to the recipe and see how this tikka are made.
Here are few paneer recipes that you can try.
Kashmiri Tamatar Chaman / Kashmiri Paneer (Cottage Cheese) in Tomato – Fennel Curry
Chanar Dalna (Bengali style Paneer Curry)
Paneer Fulkopi diye bhaja Moong Dal
Chana Paneer Madra Himachali recipe
Shorshe Paneer (Cottage Cheese in Mustard Gravy)
Palak Methi Paneer (Saag Paneer)
AMRITSARI AJWAINI PANEER TIKKA
AJWAINI PANEER TIKKA RECIPE
- Large bowl
- 300 grams Paneer Cut into large chunks
- 3 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tsp Besan/ chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Veg/ Sunflower oil for brushing
- 2 Green/red peppers cut it into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large Onion cut it into 1 inch chunks
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl except the oil and mix it well.
- Marinate it for at least 1 hour or over night in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill oven to 200 C/390 F for good 10 minutes. ***
- Now take the skewers and arrange the peppers, paneer and onion alternating with each other. This should make 3-4 skewers.
- Now place the prepared skewers on the cooking rack lined with aluminium foil/parchment paper and brush them with the oil. Now grill for 15 to 20 minutes rotating once.
- If you don't have an oven, then geat a grill pan on the stove and rush it with some oil.
- Now place the skewers on the pan and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle it with more chaat masala if desired. Serve it hot with green chutney, salad and naan.
I hope you enjoy this Ajwaini Paneer Tikka as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you do try this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
AtulmaharajMarch 22, 2020
One of my favourite dishes. Being a vegetarian there’s not much beyond this. Loved the photos and the recipe.
[email protected] BongMarch 23, 2020
Thank you so much Atul!! I hope you will enjoy this.
angiesrecipesMarch 22, 2020
They look so yummy and perfect for summer grill party!