Nolen Gurer Shrikhand (Date palm Jaggery Shrikhand) is a guilt free Indian dessert made with thick hung curd and date palm jaggery. This nolen gurer shrikhand is a creamy and absolutely moreish with a beautiful subtle flavour of date palm jaggery. 4 ingredients is all you need to make this amazing dessert at home.
Hello my freind!
Hope all of you and your loved once are healthy and safe.
“Shrikhand”, I am sure all of you are aware of this delicious Western Indian dessert. Traditionally made with thick hung yogurt and sugar and flavoured with cardamom and saffron. Hot puris with chilled shrikhand is a delicacy in Maharashtra and Gujurat.
But this time I have tweaked a little bit and given it a Bengali twist. I have sweetened it with nolen gur which add a subtle sweetness and flavour to the shrikhand. I have also added pinch of cardamom powder to it but you can totally skip it. You won’t believe how amazingly morish it is. Nolen gurer shrikhand looks and tastes so much like mishti doi. We literally polished off everything in one go.
And my little one loved it to bits.
Look how thick and creamy this shrikhand is. This dessert is perfect to be served during get togethers or parties. I have spooned this date palm jaggery shrikhand in small pots for everyone to enjoy and relish their their small individual serving.
Oh and by the way the gorgeous rose you see in the picture is from my rose shrub. My first rose of 2020. It is just mesmerizing isn’t it!
Here are few Dessert recipes that you can try.
Nolen Gur Shrikhand
Nolen Gurer Shrikhand | Shrikhand with Date Palm Jaggery | Khejur er gurer Shrikhand
- 500 gms Thick Yogurt (i used greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup Nolen Gur/ Khejur gur/Date palm jaggery grated
- pinch of Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Pistachios
- Lay a cheese cloth on a strainer and add the yogurt in it slowly. Now bring the sides together and slowly press to remove the whey as much possible. Then keep it in the strainer with a bowl underneath and place it in the fridge for atleast 2-3 hours.
- Now add the thick curd in a large bowl and add the jaggery, cardamom powder and mix everything together with a whisk.
- Slowly spoon the shrikhand in serving bowls and garnish with pistachios or any nuts of your choice.
- Serve it chilled as desserts.
- You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste and liking.
- If you wish you can skip adding cardamom powder in this shrikahnd. Do not add too much cardamom powder if you are adding, we don’t want the cardamom flavour to over power the nolen gurer flavour.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious Nolen gurer Shrikhand much as we do!
Stay Healthy Stay Safe!!!