Alphonso Mango Frozen Yogurt is really creamy and delicious with intense mango flavour. This mango fro-yo is kinda guilt-free alternative to ice cream but as delicious. Learn how to make mango frozen yogurt with or without ice-cream maker.
Finally I got hold of a 3 kg box of fresh Indian Alphonso mangoes all the way from Ratnagiri!!! Yippeeeee!!
You have no idea how happy we are to see the king of fruits here. I had actually lost hope to see some Indian mangoes, but I was wrong. The Mr just surprised me with a carton of these delicious mangoes and that to Alphonso mangoes. You won’t believe if I say that I had alphonso after almost 8 years. Yes that long. What to do it wasn’t easily available here. The first bite that I took was just soul satisfying!!
Oh look at those gorgeous gorgeous mangoes.
Anyways I decided to prepare a delicious dessert with these mangoes which required very few ingredients and is super easy to make.
Hence this Mango Fro-Yo was the first thing that popped in my head. It is kinda healthy and guilt free and is equally creamy and delicious. Mango Fro-yo is the easiest frozen dessert to make and requires very few ingredients.
What ingredients are used to make Alphonso Mango Fro-Yo?
4 ingredients is all you need to make this Mango Fro-Yo.
- Mangoes (You can use any that is available)
- Yogurt (Thick Greek yogurt recommended)
- Brown Sugar/Sugar/Honey
- Lime Juice
That is all. I have made the frozen yogurt both ways, in an ice cream maker and without one.
Hop on to see the detailed recipe below.
Here are few dessert recipes that you can try.
Alphonso Mango Frozen Yogurt
Alphonso Mango Frozen Yogurt
- Ice cream maker
- large freezer free container
- 1 1/2 cup Alphonso Mango puree/ any mango that is available
- 1 1/2 cup Thick Yogurt (greek yogurt preferably)
- 1/4-1/3 cup Brown sugar /Sugar/ honey you can adjust according to your taste and the sweetness of the mangoes
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- In a large bowl add mango puree, yogurt, sugar and lime juice.
- Now whisk it really well with a hand whisk until everything is well combines and smooth.
- Cover it with a chlig film and keep it the fridge for at least 1-2 hours at least or until it is nice and chilled.
Mango yogurt in Ice-cream maker:
- Firstly freeze the ice cream freezer bowl 12 hours prior to making frozen yogurt or as per the manufacturers guide.
- Once the mango yogurt mixture is sufficiently chilled, whisk it one more time and slowly transfer it to the ice cream maker.
- Now churn it in the ice-cream maker until the yogurt reaches soft serve ice cream.
- This mango frozen yogurt has a soft serve consistency. You can serve it right away if you like with some fresh mangoes.
Frozen yogurt without Ice-cream maker:
- Add the mango – yogurt mixture in a freezer safe bowl and cover it with a tight lid and pop it in the freezer for 10-12 hours until it is solid.
- Remove from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve it with some fresh mangos.
I hope you enjoy this Mango Frozen Yogurt as much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!