Mango Ice Cream Recipe is super creamy, light and beautiful textured and perfectly sweet just like Naturals ice cream. Make this 5-ingredients super easy and delightful homemade mango ice cream by following few simple steps. Enjoy this ice cream with some dried fruits on top or some tangy raspberries or some chunks of fresh mangoes. Yum!!
Hello my lovely friends!!!
Finally this years first ice cream recipe. That to king of fruits “MANGO“. Look at that creamy and luscious mango ice cream. A perfect soft scoop of mango ice cream. Look at that gorgeous colour. Don’t you just feel like taking a spoon and diving into it.
Summers and Mangoes
As a kid we eagerly waited for SUMMERS in India to arrive. Naah, we hated the extremely hot and humid weather. But just two things made our summers bearable and amazing. And that is a 2 months long summer holidays and mangoes.
Summer screams mangoes and lychees in India. Everywhere you see a different variety and different flavours of Mango like Alphanso, Badami, Kesar, Langra mangoes and the list goes on. After moving to the UK, I missed have a good flavourful Indian mangoes. The mangoes that we get here do not match up to the taste and standard of Indian mangoes. True!!
And when ever we found some Indian mangoes in a local Indian store here were not at all edible. It used to be extremely soft and mushy already and at the last stage. Yikes! We literally stopped eating mangoes for few years. Just imagine the sadness!!
But this year we have been quite fortunate to see some Indian mangoes in large super store like Morrisons. We found really fresh Kesar mangoes in Morrisons. YASSSS!! Well yeah! you should have seen our happy faces and dance. We bought 2 large boxes of kesar mangoes. And then this mango ice cream happened!!!
Mango Ice cream Naturals Style
If you are India’s Naturals Ice cream fan just like me and you miss having their amazingly soft and delicious ice creams then this mango ice cream will sure hit the right spot.
People who are wondering what Naturals ice cream is. Well it is an an ice cream shop which has its franchises all over India selling each and every fresh fruit ice cream. As well as different flavours. The best one I love is naturals tender coconut ice cream. It is just so delicious. You will never forget the taste once you have an ice cream from here. So anyone visiting India please do try out their ice creams.
Make ice cream with or with out ice cream maker
This mango ice cream is made with just 5-ingredients. Milk, Cream, Egg yolks, sugar and Mangoes. The joy of making an ice cream from scratch is unimaginable. First we make the custard with milk, cream and egg yolks and sugar. Then chill it in the fridge. And then we add fresh mango puree to the chilled custard and churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers guide.
Friends who don’t have ice cream maker, don’t you worry. I have sorted it out for you too. It can be made without an ice cream maker too. Yayy!! just follow the easy steps in the recipe notes.
If you wish to try delicious and creamy ice creams here are the links
Why wait let’s make this luscious Mango ice cream at home and surprise your family.
Follow the step by step method of making the mango ice cream.
Mango Ice cream recipe | Homemade Mango ice-cream Naturals style | homemade mango ice cream with or without ice cream maker
- 2 cups Mango puree (I used 4 mangoes to get 2 cups of mango puree) **Notes
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Cream
- 5 large Egg yolks
- 150 gms Sugar
- Firstly freeze the ice cream freezer bowl 12 hours prior to making ice cream.
- In a saucepan, add the milk and cream and 100 grams of sugar over medium to low heat and cook until the sugar is melted and the mixture is warm. Do not boil the milk-cream mixture.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl add the egg yolks and remaining 50 grams of sugar.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture turns thick and pale in colour.
- Now slowly add one cup of warm milk-cream mixture a little at a time to the egg mixture to temper them and whisk constantly until smooth.
- Pour the tempered egg back to the saucepan with the remaining milk-cream mixture and cook over low heat stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not let the Custard boil.
- Remove from the heat, seive and pour it in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3-4 hours or up to overnight.
- Once the mixture is sufficiently chilled, whisk the mango puree with the chilled custard.
- Place it in your ice cream machine and freeze according to the ice-cream makers instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Serve it with some chopped dried fruits or some tango raspberries or fresh chunks of mangoes.
- Prepare the custard base as directed in the recipe.
- Remove custard from the refrigerator and stir. Now pour the mixture to a deep freezer-safe container and place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- As it starts to freeze near the edges, remove from the freezer and stir vigorously with a whisk, being sure to break up any frozen sections. Return it to the freezer.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Mango Ice cream recipe as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your wonderful creations. If you have tried this recipe, simply click a picture and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram.