Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans Burrito Bowl makes a satisfying, filling and healthy meal. It is packed with juicy bits if chicken, black beans, corn and spiced rice which tantalise your taste buds. It is perfect when served with some salsa, avocados and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
“A vacation is like love – anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort and remembered with nostalgia”
Hello my Lovely friends!! I am back home from my longgggggg vacation (its seems like ages!!) and I am so glad to be back home to my Kitchen, to my Blog!! How I missed cooking & blogging!!
It is time to resume my former life. Although its really hard to get my life back into routine.. Errr!! 🙁 I feel so homesick and immensely miss being in the comfort of my home. It feels good to be around family. Spending quality time with my parents, eating delicious food and have long conversations with my friends. I so wish I lived down the street from my family instead of thousands of miles away. 🙁
I have got loads to share but first let me share a pic of these cute little kitties. My mum’s cats.Look how beautifully they posed for the camera. Ain’t they adorable?! I had an amazing time playing with these kitties. I miss them so much. Well I have loads to write up about India and the amazing food. So keep tuned..
Ok lets get back to my Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans Bowls. Slow cooker meals are the best! Ain’t they??
This Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans Burrito Bowl is one of my favourite slow cooker meals. It is extremely delicious and flavourful and so easy to make. Just throw in all these amazing ingredients together in a slow cooker and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal by the end of the day.
Tender chicken breasts are slowly simmered in a flavourful concoction of chipotle sauce along with black beans, corn and a mixture of wild rice and basmati rice. I love this Chipotle burrito bowl with some sliced avocados or salsa and a dollop of sour cream (you can use yogurt to make it more healthy). Yumm!!
- 1 kg boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tablespoon Chipotle sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 11/4 cup chicken stock / water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 200 grams Wild and Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Toppings (optional): Jalapenos, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream or yogurt, green onions for serving
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion, bell peppers and chopped jalapenos until they are soft.
- Then add in the garlic and sauté for another minute. Transfer these sautéd veggies to the slow cooker.
- Now tip in the chicken, chipotle sauce, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, and pepper and 1/2 cup of stock or water and mix everything well. Make sure the chicken breast is covered with stock. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now take off the lid and add in the rice, corn, black beans and the remaining stock. Cover it with a lid again and continue cooking for another 4-5 hours.
- Carefully break up the chicken pieces with 2 fork and mix it well with the rice. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for about 30 minutes.
- Serve this spicy burrito bowl with the toppings of your choice.
Anna @ shenANNAgansFebruary 19, 2015
Just called Mom and asked her to pull out the slow cooker and check her email for this recipe. 🙂 Making this for dinner tonight! Boom! 🙂
Sorry you are finding it hard to settle back into your life, feeling homesick is awful and rather difficult to combat. Thank goodness for skype and facetime and social media huh?!
Very much looking forward to your blogs, hearing about India and the food. Heading to India in July for a few weeks, so super interested I am.
Lu @ Super Nummy Yo!February 19, 2015
Ohhh you must’ve had an amazing time in India! I miss the food there so much, sigh. This recipe looks so good I think I could just make a vegetarian version and it would still be delicious 😛
MiraFebruary 19, 2015
I’m so glad you had fun in India! I always love going back to my home country 🙂 These burrito bowls look extremely delicious! Would be trying them soon!
Michelle @ Vitamin SunshineFebruary 21, 2015
I love burrito bowls! Being able to pick up healthy Mexican food to go is the #2 thing I miss living so far away from home. Of course, like you know, family is the #1 thing. It is really hard being so far away– I go home for a month or two every year, and love the time I spend there, but like you, there’s comes a point where I want to be in my home again. Why do we choose to live so far away? 🙂
Kristi @ Inspiration KitchenFebruary 24, 2015
This looks so good Arpita! I’ve never made a burrito bowl, but you’ve convinced me I need to!
marcelaMarch 9, 2015
I love burrito bowls! It looks so delicious! I’ve never made one. Now, I know that I should try!
[email protected]April 24, 2015
My mouth is watering just looking at these bowls and at the recipe!! And those cute kittens!! Awww!
KezzieMay 12, 2015
This looks such a yummy recipe and immaculately photographed too! I love it!!! Sorry to hear you are homesick though!
I’ve come across from the BEDM link to try and say hi to everyone- will try and come back if I can esp as you have such delicious looking items here! Nice to meet you!
Feel free to come and visit !!