Lasooni Arhar Dal Tadka is a super simple and comforting dal. This dal is made with Arhar/ Toor/ Split Pigeon pea topped with a ghee tadka of punchy garlic and hing. Makes a wholesome meal when served with rice or roti.
Hope you are all well.
I have been mia since last few day. As my little one has started with his playschool this week, and we are trying to get our life in to a new routine now. So I am not being very productive in my kitchen as well. Please bare with me till then.
Today, I am going to share one of my favourite Lasooni Arhar Dal Tadka recipe that I have been relishing since childhood. Of all the dals that we eat this particular preparation is my sisters as well as my favourite. We always insisted maa to make it for us. Love it with rice with some aachar on the side. So delicious!
Lasooni dal tadka is the quickest, healthiest and makes a wholesome meal that can be made with in 15 minutes in a pressure cooker or InstantPot with minimal ingredients. This toor dal/arhar dal is a very delicious with a punchy and smokey garlic and hing flavour. Just boil the dal and add the tempering that’s it. Fuss free and delicious meal ready.
Here are few delicious Dal recipes that you can try.
Lasooni Arhar Dal Tadka
Lasooni Arhar Dal Tadka | Garlic Dal Tadka
- Instant pot / pressure cooker
- 1 cup toor dal /Arhar dal/ Split Pigeon Pea lentil Clean and wash the dal in cold water
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sugar/sweetener
- Salt (as per taste)
- Splash of oil
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 4-5 large Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 Dried red Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- generous pinch of hing
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil
- Add the washed dal in a pressure cooker along with water, chopped tomato, salt and a splash of oil and mix it well. Now cover the lid and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the pressure release naturally. The dal should be soft but not mushy.
- Now add green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and sugar/sweetener/jaggery to the dal and mix it well.
- Heat ghee in a small pan on medium heat, when hot temper it with dried red chillies, cumin seeds, hing and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes until the garlic turns golden.
- Add it to the boiled dal and give it a good mix..
- Bring the dal to a boil. Adjust the consistency of the dal as per your liking. We like it a bit on a thicker side. If you like it thin add more water and bring it boil for 2-3 more minutes. Now check the seasoning and add sugar and salt as per taste. Take it off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or roti.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Lasooni Dal Tadka as much as we do!
Stay Positive! Stay Safe!