Delicious Italian cookies are twice baked, oblong shaped crunchy cookies with beautiful sweet orange citrusy flavour studded with dried tangy cranberries and macadamia nuts and generously drizzled with sweet mellow white chocolate.
I am BACK!!!
Hello my lovely friends & my fellow bloggers!! I missed you all so soooo much. How I have missed blogging and it feels great to be back to the blogging world after four long months, I took this hiatus for some personal reasons.
Now that I am back, I promise to keep you posted on delicious recipes, just like this one Cranberry orange and macadamia nuts biscotti. Yes, I know cranberry is a fall flavour, but dried cranberry is available all year around. 😉
Orange and cranberry is a PERFECT match just like peanut butter and chocolate. These Italian cookies are packed with citrus flavour with the perfect tangy complement from the dried cranberries and are baked twice which makes them drier and crunchier than most other cookies and that my dear friends makes them last even longer too. Just bake it and store it in your cookie jar and enjoy it for weeks, which by the way is very difficult coz I am sure it ain’t gonna last that long in the cookie jar. 😉 😉
I wanted to share this recipe with all of you for quite some time now. I found these cookies to be magnificent not only did they smell divine, they tasted absolutely refreshing and delicious. Not too sweet with the perfect balance of sweet citrus and tangy and tart cranberry with a nutty bite to it beautifully finished with a generous drizzle of mellow white chocolate. A well-balanced cookie I must say. Each bite taken is just like a burst of gorgeous flavours in your palate.
This biscotti is inspired by this Delicious Moist Orange Cranberry and White Chocolate Bundt Cake that I had made earlier. I adore the flavour combination so much that I gave this biscotti a try and Voila! this happened. 🙂
These are perfect DUNKING cookies. I love to have mine with a cup of coffee .. Yum!!! This can be enjoyed with tea, coffee and Wine too.. 😉
These cookies are extremely simple to make. So peeps without wasting anymore time just go into the kitchen and make these wonderful cookies. Treat yourself and your friends and family to these Cranberry Orange and Macadamia Nuts Biscotti.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped ( you can also use almonds, walnuts or any other nuts of your choice)
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175˚ C. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract and continue to beat until well combined.
- Now add the flour mixture half cup at a time to the butter-egg mixture and slowly stir with a spatula to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Add the dried cranberries and macadamia nuts and stir until well distributed.
- Now using floured hands, shape the dough into 15inch x 3inch loaf on the the parchment paper.
- Now bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the loaf sit for about 15-20 minutes or so or until cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the loaf to a work surface and using a serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2inch to 3/4inch wide slices.
- Maintain the same oven temperature.
- Arrange slices on the large cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until it looks nice golden brown and toasted.
- Let the biscotti cool right on the cookie sheet.
- Meanwhile stir white chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Remove the bowl from over water.
- Now using a spoon or fork, generously drizzle the white chocolate over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes or until it is set.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container, they will keep up to 6 weeks or they can last for many months in the freezer.
Want more of this Orange cranberry and white chocolate flavour, why not try this gorgeous Orange and Cranberry Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle…