Sweet, moist and tart Orange and Cranberry cake is packed with Orange zest and juice, chopped sweet-tart cranberries and generously drizzled with White Chocolate.
A party without cake is just a meeting.
CHRISTMAS!!! Just two more days to go. And my excitement has no bounds. Firstly Christmas and then the five weeks of holidays. 😀
Orange and cranberry is such a festive combination, isn’t it?! White chocolate and red juicy cranberries and sweet citrusy orange are an impeccable combination, and this cake is LOADED with all. Trust me this cake is simply IRRESISTIBLE!!
I have been wanting to make this cake for such a long time and I finally did. Boy oh boy this cake turned out to be so moist and delicious.. each and every bite is a burst of flavours in your mouth.. and it looks incredible too. Don’t you think?! And trust me when I say, this cake will impress all the dessert lovers out there! It has got the right balance of sweet and tart. It is just Perfection!
The delicious combination of cranberries and oranges is really that’s hard to beat. They complement each other so well. The juicy tartness of the Cranberries is complemented very well with the citrusy flavour of Orange.
I had made an Orange Almond Cake previously which was moist and delicious too. It was loaded with almond meal and had a wonderful flavour.
This Orange-Cranberry cake is extremely easy to make and and can be whipped up within an hour. I have added buttermilk and cream cheese to the cake batter and it adds more flavour and makes the cake extremely moist.
So this Christmas make this delicious cake and IMPRESS your friends and family!
- 280 grams Plain Flour
- 115 grams Unsalted butter plus extra for greasing the pan
- 160 grams Caster Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 100 ml Buttermilk
- 50 ml cream cheese
- 70 ml Orange juice
- 2 tbsp Orange zest
- 1 cup Cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 150gms White Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175º C .Coat the bundt pan with butter and dust it with flour.
- Combine together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and combine until smooth.
- Then add in the vanilla, buttermilk, cream cheese, orange zest and the orange juice and mix until well combined. Then add the chopped cranberries.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture until evenly mixed, taking care not to over mix.
- Now spoon the mixture in the bundt pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a cooking rack.
- Meanwhile take the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl a heat it for few seconds at a time until it is melted.
- Pour the chocolate on the cake and serve.
BON APPETITE!!! 🙂