Babycorn 65 (Crispy Babycorn Fritters) is one of the best Indian vegetarian starters ever. Just a few ingredients from the pantry is enough to make this crispy, spicy and tasty golden fried babycorn fritters with in 30 minutes. This party season entertain your guests with this quick and delicious babycorn 65.
The party season is almost here, and I am geared up to make some amazing and delicious party starters. So let’s begin with some vegetarian party snacks, shall we!
Here is my absolute favourite BABYCORN 65 (Golden fried babycorn). It is scrumptious and loved by all. This babycorn fritters are spicy and tangy and I am sure it will blow your mind and tickle your tastebuds. You cannot stop at one. seconds and thirds are sure. They are just so addictive.
Few months back I had shared a non-veg version CHICKEN 65. Well it is as scrumptious as this Babycorn 65.
So you must be wondering why the name 65. Well actually this is still a mystery to all of us. haha..
Some chefs believe 65 ingredients or masalas were used to make the chicken 65. 65 masalas my goodness. Can you imagine.
But don’t be scared, we are not going to use 65 ingredients to make this crispy babycorn fritters. It is the simplest and non fussy starter ever. Just dip and fry.
Ingredients used for Babycorn 65 (Crispy Babycorn Fritters)
All the ingredients to make babycorn 65 is easily accessible or present in your pantry and fridge.
The main ingredient is babycorn of course. Now lets see what ingredients are used to make the batter, which gives a lovely crispy coating to the babycorns.
- All purpose flour
- Corn Flour
- Baking soda
- Lime juice
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Kashmiri red chilli powder (for the colour)
- Red chilli powder (for the spice)
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Curry leaves (if you can’t find curry leaves you can leave it out. But now a days you do find dried curry leaves in big supermarkets.)
- Coriander/cilantro leaves
- Water to make a thick batter
How to make Babycorn 65 (crispy babycorn fritters)?
All it takes is just 30 minutes or even less to make this babycorn 65. First step is to blanch the babycorn in salty boiling water for 5 mins. Meanwhile make the batter. now toss the babycorn in the batter and mix well.
Heat enough oil to deep fry. Now slowly add the battered baby corns, a few at a time and fry on medium heat until it turns crispy and golden brown in colour. Serve immediately with some tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Here are few Appetizers/starters recipe that you can try.
Babycorn 65 |Golden Fried Babycorn Fritters
Babycorn 65 | Spicy Babycorn Fritters | Indian veg starters
- Large bowl
- deep frying pan
- 250 gms Baby corn washed
- Veg/Sunflower Oil for Deep frying
To make thick batter
- 6 tbsp All purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 5 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 12-15 Curry leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar/sweetener
- Salt (as per taste)
- Water to make a thick batter
- Bring a large pot of water along with some salt to boil. Now blanch the baby corns in the boiling water for 2-3 mins. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl mix in all the ingredients under batter and make a thick batter.
- Now add the blanched baby corns to the thick batter and mix it well in that batter.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat to deep fry the baby corns.
- Now slowly add babycorns a few at a time in the hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat until the baby corns turn crispy and golden brown. Remove with a strainer and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Continue the same process with the rest of the baby corns.
- Serve it hot with some ketchup or green chutney on the side.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Crispy babycorn fritters as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
angiesrecipesNovember 21, 2019
They look fingerlickingly delicious! I have to try that spiced batter, which would be great for mushrooms and many other veggies too.