Corn, Cabbage and Zucchini Fritters with Sweet Chilli Mayo and Mint Yogurt Dip
Today’s recipe is Corn, Cabbage and Zucchini Fritters with Sweet Chilli Mayo and Mint Yogurt Dip. These fritters loaded with veggies are so delicious they are just bursting with flavours. These fritters are versatile and can be served as a side dish or can be enjoyed as an evening snack with tea or coffee.. I love mine with a hot cup of tea!!
Evening teatime has been an integral part of my life. Dad used to get back home from work and maa used to prepare these awesome delicious snacks be it samosas, rolls, different kinds of fritters, vada pavs( Indian burger) and many many more.. My sister and I used to look forward to our evening get togethers.
It used to be like our small family time. Mom & dad sipped on their tea and us milk (eww! I used to hate milk.. Thank God I got older) and talked about how our day was, watched some cartoons or sometimes played some board games.. Ohhh !! Fun times.
This little tradition is kind of imbibed very deep in me. I try to continue this little tradition in my house too..
These vegetable fritters are me and my hubbs latest addiction. It tastes so amazing that I had to make these 3 time in a week.. Hubby’s request!! How can I say no to that!! 😉
The hardest part while making these fritters is to drain the water from the cabbage and the zucchini. All I did was i grated the veggies and place it in a large bowl, then I added salt to it and mixed everything well with hands and let it stand for almost half an hour to an hour. Salting these vegetables and letting them sit for an hour or so helps to drain off excess moisture, so the finished dish is a lot less soggy.
Now I took a muslin cloth and placed all the veggies in it and squeezed the water out. or other thing you could do is after salting the shredded veggies you transfer them to a colander and let it sit for an hour until the water is drained. This gives a crisp fritter instead of a soggy one..
Now simply add the remaining ingredients well and pan fry these fritters.. And serve them with sweet chili mayo and mint yogurt dip.. Hubbs likes these with sweet chilli mayo ( actually me too) but it goes really well with the mint yogurt too.. Enjoy with your hot cuppa tea!!
- 1/2 head of medium White Cabbage
- 1 large Zuchhini
- 1 1/2 cup Serrt corn
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped
- Ahandful of Cilantro/Parsley, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon Rice flour
- 8 tablespoon Gram four
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoon Oil, to pan fry
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon llemon juice
- The hardest thing to do is to drain the Cabbage and the Zuchhini. If it is not drained enough the fritters will not work.
- Finely grate the cabbage head and the zuchinni and place it in a large bowl. Now add a teaspoon of salt and mix everything well. Let it sit for half an hour.
- Take a muclin cloth and place the grated cabbage and zuchhini in it. squuze out as mush water as possible. Place it back in the bowl.
- Now toss in the sweetcorn, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin powder, paprika, egg, rice flour, gram flour and baking soda and mix everything well. Get your hands dirty mix everything well with hands.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 2 tablespoons of batter into pan and flatten slightly. Allow to cook for approx. 4 minutes. Flip once. Fry the other side for another 4-5 minuets. Continue until batter is finished.
- Serve hot with the sweet chili dip and the yogurt mint dip.
- Place mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl and mix it well.. tadaa! the dip is ready..
- Place yogurt and mint, salt and lemon juice together in a bowl and mix everything together ..
I hope you enjoy these Delicious and crisp Corn, Zuchhini and Zuchhini fritters with sweet chilli mayo and Mint Yogurt!!