Spicy Hummus Szechuan Wrap with roasted Butternut squash is an incredibly flavourful and a healthy wrap that can be made within 30 minutes. Hummus Szechuan veggie wrap is the perfect amalgamation of sweetness of the butternut squash, the mellowness of the hummus and the spiciness of the szechuan sauce with some crunchiness of the fresh veggies.
Wraps I think are one of the easiest and healthiest meals ever. It hardly takes any time to assemble a wrap with you desired stuffing. It definitely makes life easier. And lately I am so much into wraps, that I am thinking of doing a series of wraps recipes soon. Haha.. But till then have a look at my Spicy Hummus Wrap.
I enjoy having this wrap so much. It is a perfect amalgamation of different flavours. And me being a spicy lover added the spicy szechuan sauce which definitely took this hummus wrap to the next level. I used a store bought szechuan sauce. You will find it any indian grocery store. I will be sharing the recipe of spicy indo-chinese szechuan sauce soon. So stay tuned!
The roasted sweet Butternut squash was a lovely contrast to the spicy szechuan sauce and the mellow hummus.
Roasting the butternut squash is a simple task. Just toss some olive oil, salt, paprika along with the cubed butternut squash. And roast for 30 minutes until soft and cooked through. Let it cool down a little bit. Then add it in the hummus wraps along with some fresh veggies like peppers, carrots and cabbage and salad leaves and coriander.
How to make Hummus with canned chickpeas?
In desperate times to make my work simpler and easier I use canned chickpeas to make hummus. You can also use store bought hummus. but why buy when you can make fresh hummus with in minutes at home. You guys it is extremely easy peasy to make.
Simply toss in the canned chickpeas, tahini paste (Sesame seed paste), lemon juice, salt, garlic, olive oil and few tablespoons of water in a mixer grinder and ground into a smooth paste.
Yup! that easy..
Here are few recipes that you can try.
Spicy Hummus Butternut Squash Wrap
Spicy Hummus Wrap with Roasted Butternut Squash | Hummus Szechuan Veggie Wrap
- baking tin
- mixer grinder
For the hummus
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- salt as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp Water
Roasted Butternut squash
- 1 small Butternut squash peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns freshly ground
- Salt as per taste
For the Hummus wrap
- 2-3 tbsp Szechuan Sauce I used store bought
- 4 Whole wheat Tortilla wraps or any wrap you desire
- 1 cup Mixed Veggies (carrots, purple cabbage, peppers) thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves washed
- Salad leaves
To make the Hummus
- Tip all the ingredients under hummus in a mixer grinder and ground it to a fine paste. If you think it is too dry add a tbsp of water at a time to make a smooth creamy paste.
Roasted butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a baking sheet toss in the chopped butternut squash, olive oil, salt and paprika. Mix everything and tip it in the oven for 30 minutes or until it is soft and cooked through.
- Lay the wrap on the plate and spread it with a generous amount of hummus. Then top it up with spicy szechuan sauce.
- Now lay few coriander leaves and salad leaves like spinach and arugula.
- Add the roasted butternut squash cubes.
- Top it up with some crunchy veggies like peppers, carrots, purple cabbage thin slices.
- Roll them up and serve.
I hope you enjoy this deliciously Hummus & Szechuan roasted butternut squash wrap as much as we do.
If you have tried this recipe, I would love to see your wonderful creation. simply click a picture and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram.
angiesrecipesNovember 4, 2019
I just had my lunch but now i am HUNGRY for those wraps! They look so GOOD!
[email protected] BongNovember 6, 2019
Thank you Angie!! I wish I could send you these wraps. they were really delicious..